Kofax PDF Create lets you add watermarks to the first page or all pages of PDF files you create. A watermark is similar to a stamp: it can come from text such as Confidential, Draft or Sample; from an image such as a company logo; or from a composite, which is a combination of existing watermarks. A page from an existing PDF can also be used as a watermark in a new PDF.
- Watermark Name
- Select from the standard watermark controls:
Company logo: Import your company logo from an image or PDF file
Do Not Copy: Gray vertical text, top left
Draft Only: Gray, angled text, centered
Sample Only: Red, angled text, bottom left
Crosspage Watermark: Import image from an image or PDF file
Composite Watermark: Mixture of text and image watermarks
Confidential 5 choices: Gray text in different locations
- Defines how transparent the watermark should be. Use the slider or edit box to define a value between 0 (fully transparent) and 100 (fully opaque). PDF/A files cannot interpret this setting, and watermarks appear at full strength (100).
- First Page Only
- Place the watermark only on the first page, or on the first two pages in the case of a cross-page watermark. If you clear this option, the watermark is placed on all pages in the PDF.
- As Background
- Place the watermark in the background of the PDF, under other page content. If you clear this option, the watermark is placed on top of the page content. In this case, a partly transparent watermark is usually advisable.
- Click to preview the selected watermark control. Use the controls to modify the appearance of the selected watermark. The preview shows the effects of your settings. When you are satisfied, click OK to save the changes. Use New to define a new watermark control or Delete to remove a control. Use Default to restore the controls to the values listed above for the standard controls and to delete any user-defined watermarks.
- When modifying or adding a new watermark, first select the watermark type (text, image, composite) to determine which
- Enter the watermark text, define a font, size, color, style and angle (from minus 90 degrees to plus 90 degrees). The color control displays the current color. Select Outline Only to have watermark characters displayed in the outline. Clear this option to have filled-in characters at the defined opacity. Select an anchor point for the text and vertical and horizontal offsets (X and Y margins) relative to the anchor point.
- Browse for an image file (BMP, DIB, JPG, PNG, TIFF or PCX) or a PDF file. When a multi-page file is chosen, specify one page to be used. Marked Area Only relates only to PDF files; select this option to use only the visible part of the page. Fix or release the aspect ratio. If you clear the Cover Whole Page option, you can define the size and location for the image.
- You build a composite watermark from existing ones. Click New, provide a name, and select Composite as the watermark type. All available watermarks are listed in the lower list box. Select the desired watermarks and click Add to place them in the top panel under Composite properties. Click OK to save your choices. Select an existing composite watermark to modify its contents, using the Add and Remove buttons. Watermarks listed in the top panel contribute to the composite.
Kofax Power PDF lets you add watermarks to existing PDF files.