Configure the import connection settings
When you configure the import connector for email, you can create a document directly using the email body. The mime type of the resulting document is determined by the email format (text, RTF, HTML).
- If the email body is formatted as text:
- You can perform classification or extraction on the document.
- After performing image processing on the document, you can view the document in any of the Capture Client activities.
- If the email body is formatted as RTF, provide customization to convert the RTF document to a supported format before submitting to a Capture activity.
- If the email body is formatted as HTML, after performing image processing on the document, you can perform classification or extraction on the document or view the document in any of the Capture Client activities.
The Import settings page appears.
The New import connection dialog box is displayed.
- Enter a Name for the import connection.
- Optional. Enter a Description for the import connection.
- By default, the import connection is Active.
Message connector URL for the new import connection.
Allow allsystem setting is not enabled, you can only enter the Message connector URL that is whitelisted; otherwise, a message appears stating the connection is denied because the URL connection string is not whitelisted. See Whitelist a web service URL or a database connection string
Process password and
Administrator password specify the same values which you have specified in
the Message Connector Configuration. See
If you configure
The password for process user controls the import of documents in Message Connector and display of
Passive Inputsin Message Connector Monitor.
The password for admin user restricts the remote configuration of Message Connector without appropriate authentication.
View passwordin Message Connector Configuration, you will be prompted to enter this password at the time of opening the Message Connector Monitor window.
- Select Enable SMTP server. See Configure the SMTP settings.
- Select Enable FoIP server. See Configure the FoIP settings.
To add an import source, click
The New import source dialog box is displayed.
- On the Type list, select an import source, such as SMTP and configure the settings. (Default: POP3).
Save the import source settings.
The import source setting name appears under the Import sources table in the New import connection dialog box.
You can edit or delete the import source.
The import connection appears on the Import settings page.You can include these import sources and import connections to packages for exporting. For more information, see Import a package.