Export a process
You can export one or more process maps between TotalAgility installations.
You can export a process map even if it is locked. You can export all versions of a process map or export a specific version.
Save and release an active (saved but not released) process map before exporting it. Trying to export an active map that is not saved generates a message prompting you to save the map.
The following items associated with process map are automatically transferred or exported.
Maintenance access, functional access, and default usable resources
Associated work types
Web services along with web service category
Nested process maps
PDF generation profiles
- Web services can also be exported manually/separately.
- When you export a process map that contains an entity that uses a multilingual lookup, the multilingual lookup is exported with the entity.
- When you export a process that has a predictive model defined, process weighting and score calculation are included in the version selected for export.
- If Available evaluate score and/or Completed evaluate score are configured for an activity, these properties are also exported for the selected process version.
- If you export resources with a process map, you can also export resource extensions to export all extended values stored against each resource.
- When you export a capture process, any Classification group, PDF generation profiles, Scan/VRS profiles and Separation profiles associated with the process are also exported.
- In TotalAgility Azure and On-Premise Multi-Tenancy system, the maximum limit of the extraction and classification group is set to 500MB. When you exceed this limit, a message is displayed stating that the action cannot complete. You can configure this limit by updating the value for MaxCaptureProjectSize in the web.config file of TotalAgility Azure.
- In TotalAgility On-Premise, the maximum limit of the extraction and classification group is set to 2GB. When you exceed this limit, a message is displayed stating that the action cannot complete.
- Exporting a process that contains the following capture activities also
exports the activities:
- PDF generation
- Online learning
- Document review
- Navigate to Export.
- On the Export list, select Process.
Files to export.
The Add files to export dialog box is displayed.
Add processes, cases, case fragments, and skins from the respective tabs as needed.
To add all items, click Add all.
The selected items appear under Files to export box.
Select other options as required in the exported process maps using the following information.
If selected, exports a process map without setting up the entire job environment.
When you export a process with Generalized Export option selected, a warning message is displayed. Click Yes to export a basic version of the process with minimal node configuration. If you click No, the option is cleared automatically.
The Generalized export option does the following:
- Converts automatic Script/.NET Script and Web Service
activities to automatic VB Script activities.
VBSCRIPT is not supported in on-premise multi-tenancy environment.
- Changes the dynamic resource allocation tasks to static resources (they are assigned to the Everyone worker group).
- Facilitates Kofax Technical Support to troubleshoot map issues more efficiently by letting - you export your problem process map in a state that it can be imported and run without additional setup.
A message that exported process settings will be simplified, appears. On simplification, all the map settings are lost and all the activities are converted to automatic VB script activities with a script 'Dim a' (which has no functionality).Selecting the Generalized export option disables the .Net References with path option.
.Net references with path
Includes .Net references. (Default)
Only the .Net references set to Local can be exported.
If selected, includes case fragments in the exported case definition map.
Exports the skins created on the template map. Each skin is exported as a separate XML file. To re-import skins, select the template map XML files and the XML files of the skins to import.The Skins option is only available for a Template type map.
Capture project data
Includes all document, folder and classification project data. (Default)If this option is not selected, the process with underlying Transformation Designer project data is not exported.
If selected, exports the export connector mappings along with the process.
Individuals and groups
If selected, includes individual resources and groups.
If selected, includes details of the members of any resource groups.Resources option is selected.This check box is only enabled if the
If selected, includes all the extended values stored against each resource associated with the process.
Includes category information. (Default)
Exports the current category to which the process map belongs as well as all parent and sub-categories associated with the process map. (Default)Categories option is selected.This check box is only enabled if the
If selected, includes page renditions.
If selected, includes reporting tags.
- Converts automatic Script/.NET Script and Web Service activities to automatic VB Script activities.
A message prompts you to confirm downloading the exported process.
The process is downloaded as ZIP file.