Design a basic process
You can design a basic process using activities, decisions, annotations, attachments and end nodes .
For example, the process of loan approval consists of
Get Approval activities,
Approval decision and
Send confirmation or
Send Rejection letters based on the decision and
Transfer Money activity. When you design a process map using these logical sequence of steps, the process map looks
as shown below.
You can use standard BPMN event types to denote that something happens at the beginning (Start node) and end (End node) of a process.
Once a process is created, you can move and link elements, delete the link between elements, delete elements (except the start node), change the orientation, zoom the process, automatically rearrange the layout and snap to grid.
Process design guidelines in the
Kofax TotalAgility Best Practices Guide.
- Click New. A process map Design view opens in a new browser tab.
The system creates a new map with some default properties.
By default, Design is selected on the Modeling bar.
The Start node appears on the canvas.
- A default name appears in the Name field. You can change the name for the process as required.
- Add the following:
- Configure the process properties.
To link two nodes, drag the arrow connector from one node to another.
A line appears indicating the connection.
- Optional. Model your process map to add event types for the Start and End node.
- Save and release the map.