Configure an Image processing activity
Configure an Image processing activity to process imported images, and scanned images from an MFP.
Add an activity to the map.
By default, the Configuration tab is open in the properties panel of the activity.
- Change the default Name of the activity to something meaningful.
- On the Type list, select .
- On the Input document/folder list, select a document or folder variable to configure input for an Image processing activity.
- On the Scan/VRS profiles list, select at least one scan/VRS profile. By default, the Default scan/VRS profile is associated with an Image processing activity. To associate a different scan/VRS profile you can remove the default profile, and select a different scan/VRS profile. Alternatively select a variable that contains the name of the scan/VRS profile to use.
- By default, the images are converted to TIFF format. To retain the original image format, clear Convert page images to TIFF
- By default, thumbnails are generated for the images with format other than TIFF. Clear Generate image thumbnails to avoid generating thumbnails for the images.
In the Scanned image group, do either of the following:
- To save input image as page rendition, clear Inherit settings from process, and select Save as rendition and then select a Page rendition from the list.
- To inherit page renditions from process, select Inherit settings from process. The rendition fields for the activity become unavailable.
If the configured page rendition already exists, the Image processing activity does not overwrite it.When you upgrade Kofax TotalAgility, the
Inherit settings from processproperty is selected by default; the
Save input image as page renditionproperty is hidden and you cannot select rendition.
Save the process map.
At runtime, when you view the job or the process design in the map viewer, the Image processing activity is displayed with the relevant properties.
When processing a PDF document with an Image processing activity, ensure that you select Image enhancement settings in scan/VRS profile, otherwise the document's page shows extra spaces in between letters and the document cannot be processed further with automatic activities, such as Classification and Extraction.
Use the Image processing activity for EVRS image processing, and the Document conversion activity for document conversion.
- Configure other properties for this activity. See Activity properties.