Set device action
Use the Set device action to switch the form factor (Desktop, Phone or Tablet) between a desktop, phone or tablet form.
For example, you can view a desktop form in a phone and vise versa. You can override the actual form factor of the device to view it in a Desktop, Phone or Tablet for a single session or for a set period of time.
When an event with a Set device action executes, it retrieves the form in the specified form factor until the action is called again to switch to a different form factor, or the session or the set period expires.
On the form modeling bar, click
Actions and click
The New action dialog box is displayed.
- On the Type list, select Set device.
- Change the default Name (SetDevice1) to something meaningful.
- Optional. Enter a Description for the action.
- Optional. Select Multilingual to configure an unique action for each language separately. See Configure multilingual actions.
- On the Device type list, select a variable (form/global) or form control, or click to enter a static value.
Persistence period, select either option:
This session only (default): The form reverts to the actual form factor when you close and reopen the browser.
Configurable period: Set the period in days, hours and minutes (default: 0,0,0).
The form reverts to the actual form factor when the configured period expires.
The newly created action is added to the table.
- Associate the action with the control to trigger this action. See Configure actions for form control events. Alternatively to call this action for a form event, associate the action with the form. See Associate an action with a form.