Configure the retention policy
The Retention policy dialog box is displayed.
- By default, the Version tab is open and all versions are retained for an item (Forms, Processes, Business rules, Classification groups and Extraction groups). To configure the number of versions you want to retain for an item, under Version based retention, select Custom and select the number of versions, such as Last 8 Versions - the latest eight versions of the selected item are retained. (Default: Last 10 Versions, Minimum: Last 1 Version.)
By default, an item is retained permanently. To configure the
time-based retention period for
Audit log entries, and
- Click the Time tab.
- Under Time based retention, select Custom for the item, such as KCM packs and then select the number of years, months, and days. (Default: 1 Year, 0 Months, 0 Days, and Minimum: 1 Day)
By default, all the documents are retained indefinitely. To
configure the custom retention period:
- Click the Document tab.
- Select Custom for Retain documents and then select the number of years, months, and days. (Default: 1 Year, 0 Months, 0 Days, and Minimum: 1 Day)
To define retention period for a specific document type, under
Specific document type
The Add document type retention policy pop-up appears.
- On the Document type list, select a document type.
- Click Custom and then select the number of years, months, and days. (Default: 1 Year, 0 Months, 0 Days, and Minimum: 1 Day)
Set the retention mode for the document type
From either of the
Date document last accessed: The document type is retained based on the date the document was last accessed.
Date document marked as finished: The document type is retained based on the date the document is marked as finished.finished if retention mode for that document type is based on "Finished at" timestamp. If documents that are configured "Finished at" based retention policy were not marked as finished. then the documents will not be picked up by retention policy and will not be deleted from the database.Ensure that documents are marked as
To define the retention process execution:
- Click the Execution tab.
- Under Retention process execution, select the Retention chunk size (default: 1) and Maximum jobs that can be deleted per retention task execution. (Default: 250 for documents and 1000 for jobs).
The configured settings are saved.Restart the Kofax TotalAgility services for the settings to take effect.