Configure a Create new job activity
A Create new job activity allows you to create a new job that can run independently of the job that created it.
Add an activity to the map.
By default, the Configuration tab is open in the properties panel of the activity.
- Change the default Name of the activity to something meaningful.
- On the Type list, select .
- To create a new job, select Create new job.
- To create a new case, select Create new case. Additionally, select a process or server variable as Case reference.
- To create a new job in case, select Create job in case. Additionally, specify whether to create a new job in case based on Case ref or Case ID. Then select a process or server variable as Case identifier.
Process list, select the required process or case.
The Initialization variables for the selected business process map/case fragment are displayed.
Map variables from the main process map to the parameters of the new job process map by selecting the process or
server variable as
Value. Alternatively, you can create a new variable and map the variable. See
Create a process
variable while configuring activities.
The variable types of the process variables must match the variable types of the initialization parameters.
Initialization parameters can be passed from the main map to the second (if required), but output parameters cannot be passed from the second process map back to the main map.
- Save the process map.
- Configure other properties for this activity. See Activity properties.
See also: Common activities.