Fuzzy search action
Add a Fuzzy search action to a document validation form to perform a fuzzy search in a Validation activity. For example, if you enter 9600 as search text, all matching records (partial or complete) appear, irrespective of fields.
Fuzzy search is a technique of finding strings that closely (but not exactly) match a pattern in a fuzzy database, which is a single table or view exported from a relational database. A fuzzy database is relatively static and contains sensitive data in a table or view from a large relational database that is on a secured network and not readily available. A fuzzy index enables fast searching and matching of text values using non-exact string matching in record sets or in specific columns.
You can configure Fuzzy search actions to apply filters to columns of the database.
The Fuzzy search action is available only for a document validation form.
It is mandatory to configure a remote fuzzy database in Kofax Search and Matching Server and Transformation Designer to add and execute the Fuzzy search action in TotalAgility.
The Fuzzy search action allows user to progress on fuzzy search; however, any other actions that are configured to come after the Fuzzy search action still continue to run and do not wait for the user to complete the fuzzy search.
On the form modeling bar, click
Actions and click
The New action dialog box is displayed.
- On the Type list, select Fuzzy search.
- Change the default Name (FuzzySearch1) to something meaningful.
- Optional. Enter a Description for the action.
Data source list, select
a data source.
A list of fields for the selected data source appears in the Mapping table.
A Filter column appears next to the Value column in the Mappings table. You can configure filters for each column which the Fuzzy search action displays as rows.The Data source list only appears if the database is configured in Kofax Search and Matching Server and Transformation Designer.
- Specify the Number of records to return at runtime. (Default: 10)
- To use a default search text, select a Global variable, Form variable or Form control, or click and enter a custom value in the Search default text field.
Mapping table, configure the following
- Select the columns you want to use in search.
- To map a form field to the database field, select a field on the Value list.
To specify filters for those columns that can be filtered,
select a form field on the
Filter list or click
and provide a custom
Multiple columns may have filter values if allowed by the configuration of the database.
At runtime, the selected record appears in these form fields.
- Associate the action with the control to trigger this action. See Configure actions for form control events. Alternatively to call this action for a form event, associate the action with the form. See Associate an action with a form.
Display tab and configure
the following properties:
The width mode to be Fixed or Percentage. (Default: Percentage)
The width of the pop-up window (Default: 75% (667 px for fixed mode))
The height of the pop-up window (Default: 450 px)
Displays the results in a table based on the configuration of fuzzy database.All the columns are selected for display (at runtime) by default.
To configure the display name and width of the column:
Select the column and click .
Clear Display if you want to hide the column at runtime.
Change the Display name to a user friendly name.
On the Width list, select the width for the column. (Default: 20% (100 px for fixed mode))
Click to reorder the columns to use a logical order for your search query.
The newly created action is added to the table.