Configure a Loop activity
an activity to the map.
By default, the Configuration tab is open in the properties panel of the activity.
- Change the default Name of the activity to something meaningful.
- On the Type list, select .
- On the Complex variable list, select a Process or Server variable or Document set.
- To set the index in which data will be retrieved, select a variable for Current index. It is usually the same variable that is used for Updated index.
- To map the updated index count (the row+1), select a variable for the Updated index. It is usually the same as the Current index
To check whether a row is found, select a variable for
When a row is found at runtime, all process variables mapped to variable member columns are updated with the contents of the columns from the row indicated. For example, if complex variable data has a number of rows with email IDs for resources, when the row is found, the email ID value is set to the process variable member and the email ID is used to send email.
When a row is not found, all process variables display the same values they had prior to calling the node.
If you try to access a column that does not exist, the job is suspended and a message appears.
Number of columns list,
select the number of columns to check within the loop and then click
Set columns .
The specified number of columns appears in the Variable members list.
Map each column of variable members to a variable of the required
type in the
The number of columns value should be equal to the number of variable members that exist while configuring the loop node.
- Save the process map.