Configure an RPA activity
activity to the map.
By default, the Configuration tab is open in the properties panel of the activity.
- Change the default Name of the activity to something meaningful.
- On the Type list, select .
Configure the following properties.
The RPA server to use.
A list of projects available from the selected RPA server appears on the Project list .
The project to use.
A list of robots from the selected project appears on the Robot list.
The Robot to use. A robot is an automated workflow designed to accomplish a task involving a data source, such as a website, or an Excel document, or a database
The parameters from the selected robot appears in the Configure RPA activity dialog box.
To map values to the parameters, click
The Configure RPA activity dialog box displays the RPA details for the server, project and robot and also the parameters from the selected Robot.
To map input and return values to the parameters, do the
- Select a dynamic value (process variable, server variable or document set) or click provide an inline value for input value.
- Select a dynamic value (process variable or server variable) or provide an inline value for return parameter.
- Click OK to return to the activity configuration.
Save the process map.
When you export or import the process, the RPA activity configuration and the reference to the RPA server used in the activity are included in the XML.
When you import the process on another system, and a RPA server with the same name already exists, that server is used when executing the activity.
When you import the process on another system, and the server does not exist, the server name is displayed as "Unknown" and execution fails because the RPA server is not defined.