Configure a Delete activity
activity to the map.
By default, the Configuration tab is open in the properties panel of the activity.
- Change the default Name of the activity to something meaningful.
- On the Type list, select .
- On the Input document/folder list, select a document or folder variable as an input to the activity. See Create a document variable and Create a folder variable.
To suspend the job when the deletion fails, select
Suspend job if deletion
fails. If deletion fails at runtime, the job is updated with the
reason for suspension. (Default: Clear)
If you keep the default setting clear and deletion fails, the activity is still completed and the documents or folder remain in the same location. To display an error message when the job suspends, do the following:
- To display a message when the deletion fails and the job is not suspended, on the Error message variable list, select a string variable.
- To display a message that the deletion is successful, on the Deletion succeeded list, select a Boolean variable.
To mark the completion of deleted documents at runtime. select
Mark completed so that
you can differentiate between documents that have completed capture processing
and the documents that are yet to be processed. Keep it clear if you do not
want the Delete activity to be the end of document processing.
Marking the documents as deleted is specifically useful when you delete invalid documents that you do not want to run analytics on.
- Save the process map.