Manually create forms
Create forms manually if you want full control over the layout and functionality to be included within it.
Creating a form manually gives you more control and flexibility over the resulting Windows when compared to those created automatically. To save time and effort, plan your form design before creating a new form.
- Insert a table framework before adding controls to the form.
- In the framework, include rows, columns and cells for organizing and arranging form content.
- Include sections and controls.
- Include logos, and other types of graphics.
- Supply a label for a field even if you are not showing the label on the form. Labels help end users know which form fields have failed validation.
Solution building > Building forms > Design guidelinessection in the TotalAgility Best Practices Guide.
You can create a Desktop, Phone or Tablet version of the form with the additional option of making the phone or tablet touch enabled so that the user experience can be customized to suit each device.
You can switch between form types if they exist. If a particular type of form does not exist, switching to that icon creates a blank version of the form. For example, if you switch to phone icon, and if that form does not exist, a blank version of the phone form is created.
You can create a custom form for use on a Multi-Function Peripheral (MFP) Lexmark device. You can only create the Tablet version (default) of the MFP form.