DB query to delete database records
Create a database query to delete records from a database table.
On the DB query action dialog box of a form, click
For a Data access activity, click Configure in the properties panel of the activity.The DBQuery dialog box is displayed.
To specify the database connection string that holds the details of the relational database, on the
Database connection list, select the global variable, or click
to manually enter the connection string.
For a DAS activity, select the process or server variable or click to manually enter the connection string.
By default, the Type list displays Tables and all tables within the selected database appear on the Tables list.
- On the Tables list, select the table for which to delete the records.
- On the Record list, select Delete. (Default: Get)
Configure your query based on some specific conditions. For example, to delete the records for the cities of London
and Berlin, specify the
Search criteria as follows:
- Click .
- On the Column list, select a column, such as City(String).
- Set the Operator as equals (default).
Criteria, select a form control, variable (form/global) or field.
Select Null to keep the criteria empty.
- Set the Logic as AND.
- Click Add.
- For Return rows affected to, select a form control, variable (form/global) or field.
The DB query action dialog box displays the Query.
- Click Save.