Create a global variable
Create a global variable to use across forms.
- Navigate to .
- Click New.
Configure the properties.
A name for global variable, such as DSN.
A category for the new variable.
Type a description, such as "This variable is used to interact with the TotalAgility database."
A value for the variable, such as TotalAgility.
This value is used as the default value and can be changed at runtime.
If selected, secures the variable.
Additional information about a secure global variable:
- When used in a form action, its value appears encrypted at runtime; in subsequent form actions, the decrypted value is used in the server.
- It can only be updated through server side actions. If you try to update it through client side actions, such as Same page, the value gets corrupted.
- In advanced form controls, such as Work queue, Job list, and Web capture, it can only be used in the Session ID property.
- It cannot be used in a custom form.
- It cannot be assigned as document variant to the control.
If selected, allows the variable to be included in the .resx file used for translation.
- Click Save.