Configure a separation profile for a document
Use document separation settings to do the following:
Scan all pages into a single document.
Separate the pages into documents with a fixed number of pages.
Separate the pages into documents when a bar code is found.
The Separation profiles page appears.
The New separation profile dialog box is displayed.
- Click the Document tab.
Separation list, select a separation method. Available methods are:
Fixed sheet: Separates document based on the number of sheets in a document. The Fixed sheet method is only available for documents. See Use the fixed sheet method.
Manual (default): Separates the documents manually.
- Click Save.
- On the Separation list, select a separation method. Available methods are:
Use the bar code option
Bar code separation divides a batch of images into separate documents at separation sheets based on a particular bar code being detected.
Bar Code group, do the following:
- Make sure Bar code separation is selected to allow document separation based on bar code being detected. (Default: Selected)
To separate documents based on specific bar code types, click
Bar code type.
The Add bar code type dialog box is displayed.
Add the required bar code types from the list. To add all the bar code types, click
Add all. See the
Patch code types supported by
The added bar code types appear in the Selected items box.
To delete a selected item, click for the item to delete. To delete all items, click Remove all.
The selected bar code types appear in the Bar code type box.
- To enable checksum stripping for Codabar, Code39 and Interleaved 2 of 5 bar code types, select Bar code checksum. (Default: Clear)
Create a new document when bar code list, select one of the following options:
Type found (default): Creates a new document when TotalAgility detects a specified bar code type.
Value changes: Creates a new document when the bar code changes.
Value found: Creates a new document when the bar code matches the value in a regular expression. If a form has multiple pages and each page contains a bar code, each bar code indicates the form name and the page number. For example, Form 1040 - Page 1. By default, TotalAgility separates each page into a separate document.
To separate the documents correctly, set the following:
Value search text
Provide the exact value in the Value search text field, such as Page 1$.
Search text uses regular expression
- To use bar code value for a document type, select Use bar code value for document type.
- To delete the bar code separator sheet, select the checkbox for Delete bar code separator sheet.
- Click Save.
Use the patch code option
Patch code document separation divides the batch into documents at scan time by analyzing each page of the batch for a patch code separator sheets. TotalAgility divides the batch into documents at patch code separator sheets. By default, the system deletes the patch code separator sheet, however you can configure the separation profile to retain this sheet.
When single document processing is enabled, patch code separation converts each separated document into an individual batch, then automatically closes the batch before separating the next document.
Patch Code group, do the following:
- To allow separation of documents using the patch codes, select Patch code separation. (Default: Clear)
- Select the Patch code type to use as document separators when scanning. See the Patch code types supported by TotalAgility.
- To automatically delete the patch code separator sheet, select Delete patch code separator sheet(Default: Clear. This means the system retains the separator sheet.)
- Click Save.
Use the fixed sheet method
Fixed page document separation divides all the images of the document into documents at scan time by counting the images and creating a new document for a set number of images. For example, if every document in the extraction group has exactly two pages, use the fixed sheet option.
When you enable single document processing, fixed page separation converts each separated document into an individual document and automatically closes the document before separating the next document.
Enter or select the number of Sheets per document.