- .NET activity
A method that allows Kofax software to interact with software components developed for the Microsoft .NET Framework. (Also called .Net Method)
- .Net assemblies
An option in the TotalAgility Integration menu that lets you add a .Net assembly path which enables access to assembly components within a .NET activity or action.
- Access control list
A TotalAgility feature that lets you configure settings to grant privileges and restrict user access to different areas and functions of TotalAgility.
In TotalAgility processes and forms, specifies how to initiate an activity or event. For example, you can configure the clicking of a Credit Score button to initiate a database query or a .Net Method action.
- Activation probability
The property of an activity that specifies the average probability of an execution path leading to a node becoming active. This property is used to simulate a real-time scenario to accurately simulate the flow into parallel nodes.
- A job that is currently in an active state, that is actively progressing or in a state to progress.
A step within a process map. Activity types vary and can initiate different types of events. For example, an Email activity might initiate an email notification and a .NET activity might initiate access to a database table.
- Activity action button
A control that provides a predefined set of actions that can be performed on an activity.
- Activity form
A type of form that enables you to complete manual activities of a map. This form can be associated with the activity and at run time, you can then take and complete activities.
- Activity notification
The property of a process or activity that notifies a user through email that the work is pending in their work queue.
- Activity variant
A variant which can be created for a document type variant that enables multiple resources to validate a document in stages with the visible fields considered valid for the activity but possibly invalid for the document.
- Adaptive Feature Classifier
This content classifier performs an analysis of the textual representation of a document and automatically classifies it into a class. If a class has content classification enabled, this classifier is used during classification. See also Content Classification.
- Add document type activity
An automatic activity that adds mandatory documents within the process that are dependent on certain conditions (document rules) to the document set at runtime.
A landing page used by a task to view the health of the system and perform administration tasks such as reactivate suspended jobs, log out users.
- Archive finished jobs
- A system setting which allows you to archive the finished jobs.
A task displayed on the work queue that notifies a user about escalations to allow the user to act appropriately.
- Allocation algorithm
A property that enables you to specify how to allocate work to employees. For example, you can allocate work based on the following:
- First available
- Skill level
- Highest productivity rating
An item that you can add to a process activity or to the business process. Annotations provide added information during process design.
See Application Programming Interface.
- Application Programming Interface (API)
A source code interface that a computer system or program library provides to support requests for services by a computer program.
- Apply validation action
- An action that can be used to validate the available controls on a form and update the User Interface based on the Valid flag of the controls and show any errors if the control is invalid.
A TotalAgility feature that lets you see what form, controls, and events are used within a selected form, or what process, variables are used within a process or activity. Associations let you determine the possible impact of changes you plan to make.
An item that you can add to an activity within a business process to provide additional information.
- Automatic activity
- An activity that once configured, the system performs without human interaction.
- Awaiting associated case completion
- An associated job that is completed and awaiting case completion.
- Awaiting associated jobs completion
- The case that is completed but still has active associated jobs.
- Backup server statistics
- A system setting that displays the backup server details (if installed). If the primary server license fails to connect, the system automatically uses the backup server license.
- Branching rules
The property of an activity that lets you model complex business logic that specifies which destination node to activate based on the rules defined for each node.
The amount of money allocated to a process.
- Business alert
An automated action that occurs when a target threshold is met. Alerts are business processes that can be as simple as an email interaction, or as complex as the changing operational parameters of the business.
- Business calendar
A calendar that is used to specify working days and hours during which jobs can take place.
- Business event
Key events that are monitored and managed by the business users to monitor performance against targets. For example, you can define a Sales event that records the name of the salesperson and the total sale amount. You can execute the event within a sales process when the sale is complete.
- Business Process Management (BPM)
- A management approach that focuses on aligning an organization with the needs of its customers and clients, and improving effectiveness and efficiency through established workflows and processes.
- Business Process Modeling Notation (BPMN)
A graphical representation used to map business processes in a business process model.
- Business rule
A complex business logic that can be easily and quickly built without any programming and can be utilized within business processes.
- Business Rule Logging
An Administration option in the Workspace that allows viewing the history of a business rule and in turn can help debug the rule and make necessary changes.
- Business rule activity
An activity that helps you use predefined business rules to define workflow logic in your process maps.
- Calculation activity
An activity that helps you set the value of one or more variables using free text, variables, operators, and functions.
- Capture users
- Users involved in the capture steps of a process.
- Capture operations
- A system setting that allows assigning access permissions to resources and groups to permit or restrict access to each capture action within a capture composite control
- Capture volume
- The number of pages that a license allows a licensee to capture per year.
A complex workflow that can require user interaction and contain decision points, embedded processes, and fragments.
- In the TotalAgility Workspace, an occurrence of a case process that is running.
Sub-processes that are initiated and used within a case process and that cannot be used by other processes or cases. For example, if a customer must submit two forms of ID, and the submitted forms do not match, a case fragment might initiate a request for a third form of ID. Case fragments:
- Are dependent on the case in which they are created and cannot be reused by other processes or cases.
- Inherit the properties of the Case from which they are called.
- Case health control
A control on a form that is used to display the key details of a case and visually indicates the health of a case illustrating the overall status and progress of a case.
- Case variable
A process variable that is specific to a Case definition.
- Case Worker
A landing page used by a case worker to view the list of cases assigned to them, irrespective of whether there is work pending; a work queue within a case, including work assigned to other people and other case related content.
A keyword or phrase that helps you keep track of large numbers of resources, variables and process maps in TotalAgility. It is useful in organizing, finding, sorting or grouping related items such as process maps and variables.
A list of items that assist in building quality sampling and checking into a form. Use checklists to guide inexperienced users through the process so that they have a clear idea of what they need to do in order to complete a task.
- Checklist items
Items in a checklist that assist in building quality sampling and checking into your processes and forms.
- Checklist template
Group of one or more commonly used checklist items that can be used in multiple processes.
- Checklist variable
A variable, which holds the checklist information that can be used for quality checking and sampling.
- Clashing variables
Process variables on the imported process map existing as server variables on the server.
The process of determining the document type, a so-called class, to which a document belongs. There are two basic groups of classifiers. The first group uses the layout of a document to determine its class. These are layout classifiers. The second group uses extracted text to determine the class of a document. These are called content classifiers. The Layout Classifier is an layout classifier, while the Adaptive Feature Classifier (AFC) and the Instruction Classifier are content classifiers.
- Classification activity
An automatic activity that lets you classify documents into specific folders based on document types.
- Classification group
The projects that contain settings for classification and document separation. Use classification group projects to separate and classify a set of documents. If you open a Classification group project in the Transformation Designer, you can only change classification and document separation settings.
- Client application
An application that internally uses the Data Layer to access the content database.
An option in the Integration menu of TotalAgility that allows you to use Content Management Interoperability Services' (CMIS) capabilities to provide interoperability between ECM systems.
- CMIS add document activity
An automatic activity that creates a document in a Content Management Interoperability Services (CMIS) compliant site.
- CMIS cancel checkout document activity
An automatic activity that discards changes made to a document that was checked out from a CMIS-compliant site.
- CMIS check in activity
An automatic activity that checks in a document to a repository in a CMIS-compliant site.
- CMIS create folder activity
An automatic activity that creates a folder in a CMIS-compliant site.
- CMIS find document activity
In a CMIS-compliant site, an automatic activity that searches for documents held in a repository using the document metadata as the search criteria.
- CMIS get document activity
An automatic activity that retrieves or checks out a copy of a document from the selected CMIS-compliant site.
- CMIS update document activity
An automatic activity that updates the metadata of an existing document in a selected CMIS-compliant site.
- Compare packages
A feature that helps you to compare Smart Process Application (SPA) packages with respect to the items that have changed between versions. The items which are different in the selected packages are highlighted.
- The jobs that have completed their lifecycle as designed.
- Complex variable
A variable that is used to hold tabular or array based data values, for example, a list of product details.
- A feature that allows the designer to combine activities to enable multiple capture actions such as Image processing, Classification and Separation and Extraction. The combined activities perform as a unit and operate on the one set of data.
- Composite action
- An action that is used to execute multiple actions from within one action.
- Condition action
An action that is used to define conditions related to an event firing.
- Confirmation message
The property of a button control that is used to specify a confirmation message to be displayed on clicking a button in a deployed form.
- Content Manager Add document activity
An automatic activity that is used to create or check in a document to a Content Manager system.
- Content Manager Create folder activity
An automatic activity that is used to create a folder in a selected Content Manager system.
- Content Manager document search form
A form provided in TotalAgility, which when included in your site, allows you to search, retrieve, and view any file located in a Content Manager system.
- Content Manager Get document activity
An automatic activity that is used to download or check out a document from a selected Content Manager system.
- Connection string
A string that contains the details of a database connection, that is, a data source, the name of the database on the data source to connect, the user ID and the password to login. A sample connection string:
workstation id="database server name";packet size=4096;integrated security=SSPI;data source=".";persist security info=False;initial catalog=data base name.
- Content classification
This type of classification uses the OCR results and makes use of the extracted content of a document in order to classify it. This type of classification is used when the layout of a document varies from document to document. See also Adaptive Feature Classifier.
- Content database
A storage area for all documents and metadata, organized in a folder structure.
- Content Services
- Formerly the Resource server.
- Content Transformation Server
- The server where document processing and transformation occurs. This server also performs PDF generation and image processing. Formerly the CPU server or Content Processing server.
A control is something, such as a hyperlink or a button that permits an action to be performed and an event to be executed on a form. For example, you can save your input information to the database by clicking a button at the bottom of your form.
- Control layouts
- An option in the Capture menu of TotalAgility that lets you use the Capture control layouts to create capture form layouts.
- Capture configurable keys
An option in the System settings menu of TotalAgility that allows to configure the hotkeys to execute an event. TotalAgility provides default hotkeys for various commands.
- Conversion Layer
- A Data Layer extension that supports the conversion of data objects like folders and documents to a format for use by the Transformation Designer.
- Currency codes
An option in the System data menu of TotalAgility that is used to format text boxes within forms. Associating a currency code with a text box allows to mask the symbol and format in which the data is entered at runtime. This ensures the mask for data entry corresponds to the browser locale. For example, the format to enter Euros in Germany is different from entering the value when in Ireland.
- Custom action button control
- A control used to create a button that provides a drop-down list of options or an image list of options. This button can be used on a form or within a table on a form.
- Create new job activity
An activity used to create a new job within a process map which executes independently of the main process map.
- Create new job form
A type of form that helps you generate forms for one or more process maps. At run time, this form is used to create jobs, cases and jobs in cases on a selected process.
- Create subjob activity
An activity used to create subjobs for a business process. This activity is an independent reusable process that is started by the main business process. A subjob must be completed before the main business process can continue.
- Custom pages
An option in the User interface menu of TotalAgility that allows to upload custom files from your machine and use them as any regular form.
- Data access activity
An activity that enables you to easily access (that is, read, write, and update) a relational database using the Data Access Service (DAS).
- Data Access Service
The Data Access Service (DAS) is a user-friendly application that can be integrated with any supporting hosting application and is used to access a relational database.
- Database connections
An option in the Integration menu of TotalAgility that allows you to create a shortcut containing a connection string to help you connect and interact with a selected relational database.
- Data Layer
- A set of .NET assemblies that expose the contents of the Content Database.
- DB query
An action that enables you to easily connect and interact with a selected relational database and design access for operations such as Select, Add, Update and Delete.
- An option in TotalAgility that allows debugging of process maps and forms at runtime. Debugging increases efficiency as issues can be identified much quicker when developing a solution.
- Decision text
The property of a decision that enables you to specify a condition which will determine which path the process will take.
Allocating new activities from one resource to another for a specified time period; delegating is not reassignment of activities, therefore the activities display on the work queue of both resources.
- Delete activity
- An automatic activity that removes a single document or folder. Removing a folder also removes all folder content.
Activities or decisions that the current activity is dependent on for completion.
- Deployment configuration
- An option in the Packages menu of TotalAgility that lets you create different deployment configurations for a package by defining different values for a global variable, server variable, web service integration, device settings (Kofax Front Office Server settings), transformation settings and export connector settings based on different types of deployment targets, such as test and production environments.
A standalone product that is capable of creating processes and enhancing the process of screen development and maintainability. It provides a means of automatic generation of forms and screens, as well as providing the ability to manipulate these forms and screens.
- Device create new job form
- A Kofax TotalAgility form that is used to process documents on Multi-Function Peripherals (MFPs) and mobile devices.
A System Settings option that lets you maintain settings for MFP and mobile devices directly from TotalAgility.
- Display rule action
A set of rules for one or more fields on the form along with associated actions when the rule conditions are met.
A file containing one or more pages that represents a written communication, for example, an invoice or loan application.
A form that generates Scan, Validation, Verification, and Document Review forms for an Extraction group.
- Document Clustering
The Clustering feature is intended for clustering unstructured documents using content classification. In addition, Clustering provides the ability to group documents with identical layout. The clustering process is semi-automatic and user-guided, and in most cases you need to categorize only a small portion of the documents manually. This way you can set up classification in a new project with less effort.
- Document conversion activity
- An activity used to apply all the document conversion / normalization parameters configured in the document conversion profile to any document independent of the source of import.
- Document conversion profiles
A document conversion profile contains conversion settings that lets you convert the incoming documents. You can create one document conversion profile and reuse this in various process maps. Also, multiple document conversion profiles can be created to cater different incoming documents types.
- Document creation activity
An automatic activity that is used to create different document types within a process map such as document or an HTML file (a web page).
- Document received activity
An automatic activity that adds one or more documents with the status (Received, Waiting, Validated, Verified, Rejected or Accepted) to the document set at runtime.
- Document review
- Activity: A manual activity that allows for the examination of documents and folders within a capture process.
- Form: A form generated based on Document review activity.
- Document set
A group of one or more documents that are required for completing a process.
- Document state activity
An automatic activity that updates the state of documents in a document set at runtime.
- Document templates
An option in the System data menu of TotalAgility that allows to upload custom document templates that can be used in the document creation node in a process.
- Document variant
- Variants of document type can be created to specify which fields to ignore in a document at runtime. Multiple variants can be created.
- A drawer provides the first hierarchical level of organization for Content documents. It is used to separate documents into logical categories and is often defined as a department or function.
- Draw mask
- A button on the Web capture control that lets you draw the area to mask on the image.
- Dynamics AX
An option in the Integration menu of TotalAgility that lets you integrate with Dynamics AX (2009 and 2012) in TotalAgility.
- Dynamics CRM
An option in the Integration menu of TotalAgility that lets you to integrate with CRM systems in TotalAgility.
- Dynamics CRM activity
An automatic activity that is used to perform multiple actions such as create, update, retrieve, and delete business unit entity instances in a Microsoft Dynamics CRM system.
- Dynamic Link Library (DLL)
A library that is linked to application programs when they are loaded or run rather than as the final phase of compilation. This means that the same block of library code can be shared between several activities rather than each activity containing copies of the routines it uses.
- Else condition action
- An action used to make form actions more flexible and easier to read. At runtime, all the actions within the Else condition are executed if the Begin condition is not met.
- Email activity
An automatic activity that is used to send emails through any SMTP compatible server.
- Embedded process
An existing process map that can be embedded into another process.
- End node
A marker that indicates the end of a process or the end of a branch within the process. Every process requires at least one End node.
Business data objects that enable you to group the data for your business object in one container (for example. name, address, and so on.) and can be identified by a unique identifier (For example, Employee, Customer, Product, and so on.)
- Entity instance control
A control on a form that is used to create entity instances on your form.
- Evaluate document set activity
An automatic activity that evaluate rules against document types at runtime and accordingly updates the document set.
An option in TotalAgility that helps you associate actions to a form or form control on an event happening such as click of button, change of field, load of form and so on.
- Event handling
Automated event management capability to react to changes in the business environment; it enables the system to take some action when a defined scenario or potential problem occurs.
Process exceptions are raised by the system when particular situations arise within the running of a process, such as an SLA not being met.
An option in the Integration module of TotalAgility that lets you add, modify and delete an Exchange site and configure TotalAgility actions for a
New Mailexchange event.
- Exchange server get attachments activity
An automatic activity that obtains all the files attached to your email and routes the attachments to a specific destination.
- Expected cost
The overall expected cost of performing a job or an activity.
- Expected duration
The expected time it should take to complete the job.
- Export activity
- An automatic activity that routes documents and folders to a back-end system using the export connectors that are associated with the document type and process.
- An option in the main menu of TotalAgility that allows you to export process maps, forms, packages and languages.
- Export Connector
- See Kofax Export Connector.
- External resource
- An option in the Resources menu of TotalAgility that allows to add external users to TotalAgility. These resources are used within floating roles and have limited access to TotalAgility.
The process in which a recognition engine identifies information on a document that can later be used to identify specific characters.
- Extraction activity
An automatic activity that retrieves selected data from documents and stores the data in a pre-defined location.
- Extraction group
A group of one or more document types that is used to classify and process documents.
Projects that contain settings for extraction and are used to process previously classified documents. Extraction Group projects retrieve data from documents. For example, if you open an Extraction group project in the Transformation Designer, you can only change extraction settings, for example, a customer name and address.
- Federated security
A process to verify the identity of the users and system processes. TotalAgility uses claim based identity or Federated security system for authentication.
- Field formatters
An option in the Capture menu of TotalAgility that forces the content of extracted fields into a predefined format for consistency. For example,
amountmay contain both periods and commas (1,500.00). Use the Amount field formatter to reformat the result to numeric values (1500).
- Field validators
- An option in the Capture menu of TotalAgility that helps you to define the field validators globally and reuse them on specific fields so that you do not have to define the validators multiple times. You can use the field validators at the field level of document types and folder types.
- Field zoom settings
- An option in the Capture menu of TotalAgility that allows you to configure the zoom area for each document field.
- Jobs that are completed or terminated.
- Fixed cost
Fixed cost is the cost of the activity irrespective of its length (duration) or who completes it.
- Fixed role
A role whose members are defined against the process
- Floating role
A role whose members are job specific and allocated on a per job basis (at run time).
- Folder Form
- A type of form that is used to generate Scan, Validation, Verification, and Document review forms for a folder type.
- The manual grouping documents into folders. You can configure auto-foldering rules to generate a folder based on bar code type and bar code value.
- An option in the Capture menu of TotalAgility that lets you group of one or more folder types that help classify and process documents.
An electronic page containing fields and spaces that require a user to enter information manually.
- Form data
Variables that hold data at the form level and can be used wherever required within the form.
- Form variant
- Variants of a form can be created to dynamically hide or disable controls and columns, or change the label text to display at runtime for all form types except for Capture forms and Device create new job forms. Create multiple variants on one generic form and present it differently depending on the variant in use.
- Form template
- A template with predefined sections of a form containing a number of controls in a specific layout along with actions. Form templates can be used on multiple forms.
A tab in the Properties panel of a process, activity, form, control and others where general properties are defined.
- Generalized export
An export feature that enables you to export your process map in a state that it can be imported and run without any further setup.
- Global variables
Variables available for use on any form.
A logical grouping of people within the organization.
- Group members persona
A feature that helps update all members of a group, including subgroups to have the same persona.
A fixed location at the top of the form where you can insert information, such as company logo and form heading.
- The default web page that loads when you log on to TotalAgility after a clean installation.
- Horizontal rule
The lines drawn across the window to separate sections of a page; to enhance the look and feel of a form and denote a change of context.
An option in the User interface menu of TotalAgility that lets you upload custom images.
- Image processing
- A feature that performs updates similar to those performed by virtual rescan (VRS).
- Image processing activity
An automatic activity that processes images that are imported with a process.
- Image quality analysis activity
- An activity used to analyze the quality of an image without the need to process or update the page image. This activity determines if the image has any issues such as glare, shadow, focus and blur that may impact extraction results.
- The process of receiving information from a capture- or process-related service.
- Import settings
An option in the Integration menu of TotalAgility that lets you set up the system to receive documents through external systems such as POP3, IMAP and SMTP.
- Import slots
- An option in the KCM Compose activity that allows the calling application such as Kofax TotalAgility to provide a document such as a scanned document, to a slot in a document pack. The document thus becomes a part of the document pack and can be distributed along with the rest of the contents of the document pack.
- Import targets
An option in the Business Monitoring module of TotalAgility that allows you to import business targets.
An option on the File tab of an item which displays the general information such as last modified date, last modified resource and version.
- Initialization parameters
The values required at the onset of job creation.
A TotalAgility menu that lets you define and deliver reports, dashboards and business analysis on demand.
An occurrence of a process that is running. For example, a TotalAgility customer designs a loan application process to deploy from the customer's bank website. The bank activates and deploys the process. A bank customer accesses the loan application, which starts an occurrence of the loan application process deployed by the bank. A second bank customer seeking a loan accesses the application and starts a second occurrence of the loan application process. Each running occurrence is an instance of the process that is running.
A TotalAgility menu that lets you integrate a business process with the following external applications and services: SharePoint, Dynamics CRM, Dynamics AX, CMIS, Micro Focus Content Manager, Microsoft Exchange, RPA, Insight, Linked Servers, Kofax SignDoc and KCM. Use the Integration module to set up the system to receive documents through import sources such as POP3, IMAP, SMTP, EWS, FOIP, FILE and External Fax Server.
- Interactive capture
- An activity that can be initiated from an application and that occurs synchronously in real-time with low latency and rapid response.
In the TotalAgility Workspace, an instance of a business process that is running.
- Job statuses
The following job statuses are available in TotalAgility Workspace.
Active : A job that is currently in an active state, that is actively progressing or in a state to progress.
Live And Finished: A job that is currently live or finished.
Finished: Jobs that are completed or terminated.
Live: Jobs that are either not completed, terminated, awaiting completion or awaiting termination.
Completed: Jobs that have completed their lifecycle as designed.
Ready For Evaluation: Jobs that are in the process of reevaluating what should happen next.
Pending Completion: A job which has completed, but there are taken activities.
Suspended: Jobs that are suspended but can manually be reactivated to get them up and running again.
Terminated: A job that has stopped processing before completing the lifecycle.
On Hold: Jobs that are on hold for a specific time to delay all event processing. When a job is placed on hold, exceptions, milestones and triggers are affected. When the hold time expires, the job moves to active status and the job activities become pending.
Completed Awaiting Associated Jobs Completion: A case that is completed but still has active associated jobs.
Completed Awaiting Associated Case Completion: An associated job that is completed and awaiting case completion.
Terminated Awaiting Associated Jobs Completion: A terminated case awaiting completion of associated jobs.
Terminated Awaiting Associated Case Completion: An associated job that has been terminated and awaiting case completion.
Job evaluation failed: Jobs that have failed evaluation.
- Job action
- A control that provides a predefined set of actions that can be performed on a job or case
- Job clear down
A system setting that lets you remove live and finished jobs from the database. For example, this settings lets you remove live jobs that you created for testing.
- Job in Case
- In the TotalAgility Workspace, an instance of a running case fragment that references a specific case.
- Job list control
A form control used to search for jobs, display results of job search, view job properties and perform operations on jobs.
- Job owner activity
An automatic activity that assigns a resource to the job as owner. The assignment gives the owner visibility into jobs in which they are interested and for which they can search.
- Job scheduler
An option in the System Settings module in TotalAgility where one or more jobs can be scheduled to run at specific time period or intervals.
- Job Variable activity
An automatic activity that obtains information from a job that raises an event. An event such as a job or cost overrun can trigger some business process maps, such as exception maps.
- Job Query
A query that is used to search for required jobs.
An option in the Integration menu of TotalAgility that lets you integrate one or more KCM (Kofax Communication Manager) standard servers to generate documents automatically and interactively.
- Kofax Export Connector
- A Windows utility that provides a number of connectors for communicating with other enterprise software applications.
- KCM compose activity
An activity used to automatically generate and distribute communication documents to the end user as a part of the process flow. These documents are based on the templates defined in Customer Communication Manager (KCM).
- KCM distribute activity
An activity used to distribute documents through print, email, portal or SignDoc at a later date from when the documents were created in the Kofax Communication Management. These documents can be distributed using a tenant in the cloud through an on-premise Kofax Communication Management installation.
- KCM pack activity
- An activity used to extract documents from a KCM pack.
- KCM control
A control on a form that is used to interactively generate documents in KCM through a TotalAgility form.
- Landing page
Forms used by personas to perform certain activities.
- Language selector
A form control that is used to select a language the form must be displayed in.
- Layout classification
The process that classifies a document based on physical elements of its layout without the need of OCR data. This type of classification should be used when a document has a consistent layout. See also Content Classification.
- Layout classifier
Any project can have a single layout classifier only. This classifier is used for each class that has layout classification enabled to perform layout classification.
- Lead time
The time period within which an activity can be taken.
- Learn by Example
See Online Learning
- License servers
- A system setting that displays the license servers associated with your system and allows you to configure additional license servers as backup.
- Limited user
- User with limited permissions. A limited user can submit documents to launch a process or check process status. Limited users do not require authentication.
- Linked servers
An option in TotalAgility that helps you define a two-way link between two separate TotalAgility installations and move documents between the linked servers to facilitate high-speed remote scanning.
- Jobs that are either not completed, terminated, awaiting completion or awaiting termination.
- Live And Finished
- A job that it is currently live or finished.
A configurable option that enables you to extract different types of data from a document. Each locator uses a predefined locator method that represents a specific type of extraction.
- Lock status search
A TotalAgility feature that searches for all items locked by a particular user or all users. The feature can search for a combination of locked items, for example, ALL forms and processes or a specific form or process.
- Logical Layer
- A Data Layer extension that performs content operations on database objects.
A list of data items that can be reused across processes and forms.
- Loop activity
An activity that helps you iterate through a list of data (array) and perform one or more steps against each row of data.
The property of an activity that loops an activity back to itself.
- Manual activity
- An activity that requires a person or other resource to perform.
- MFP form
- A custom form that can be created for use only on a Multi-Function Peripheral Lexmark (MFP) device. Only the Tablet version (default) of the form can be created.
- MFP print action
- An action used to print a document on a MFP device. The Print action is only available for MFP forms.
- MFP scan create new job form
- A form created to access from Lexmark MFP devices. A Scan Create New Job form not only creates the job but also enables documents to be scanned and associated with the job. Only Tablet version (default) of the form can be created.
- MFP scan take activity form
- A form created to access from Lexmark MFP devices. This form displays only the MFP-friendly activities. Desktop and Tablet versions of the form can be created.
- MFP work queue form
- A work queue form created to access from Lexmark MFP devices. This form displays only the MFP-friendly activities. Only Tablet version (default) of the form can be created.
- Micro Focus Content Manager
An option in the Integration menu of TotalAgility that lets you integrate TotalAgility with Micro Focus Content Manager.
A reference point that marks a major event, that is, important date or deadline in a business process.
A small field viewer window that is associated with the currently highlighted field. The mini-viewer shows a zoomed-in view of the corresponding portion of the document image. The size and zoom level for the mini-viewer adjust automatically to provide the best fit for the displayed content.
- Mobile bar code capture
A phone or tablet form control that is used to read a bar code value.
- Mobile capture
A phone or tablet form control that is used to capture an image.
- Mobile capture user
- A user using the Kofax Mobile Capture application (formerly
A TotalAgility menu that helps you model business events and alerts to represent the key performance indicators for your business.
- Miscellaneous files
- An option to include supporting documentation such as the installation guide or other items that may be useful for using the package.
- Multiview activity form
A type of form that allows you to take and complete an activity, but with the added functionality to view related items on the same page using a navigation menu.
- Multiview form
A type of form that enables users to view different forms while not actually navigating away from the form. This form can be thought of as a container that shows whatever other forms you want to view from within it.
- Namespace bindings
Namespace bindings help in binding different XML applications to the same documents. They provide a method to avoid element name conflicts in an XML Expression.
A horizontal or vertical menu that directs the user from one form to another.
- A tree view panel that displays the structure of folders and documents for the currently selected document.
A marker in TotalAgility that represents a start point, decision point, or stop point in a process.
- To reduce confusion
within documentation, only use
nodewhen referring to the Start node, Decision node, and End node in a TotalAgility process. Refer to all other steps in a process as
- If you use
nodeto refer to something outside of TotalAgility, like part of a disc array, make sure that the context eliminates any confusion for the TotalAgility user.
- To reduce confusion within documentation, only use
Messages that are added to jobs, or posted between resources.
The property of a milestone that enables you to specify whether a milestone will be achieved before or after the due date of the selected milestone (relative milestone).
- Online learning
There are two different types of online learning: Specific Online Learning and Generic Online Learning.
A learn-by-example technology which uses a knowledge base to extract information from invoice documents. For Generic Online Learning extraction is based on keywords, data format and position. These are generalized so they can be applied to unseen images from new suppliers.
For Specific Online Learning a knowledge base is used to extract information from invoice documents from known suppliers. Once a few samples from a supplier are trained, all invoices from that supplier can then be extracted with high confidence. Specific learning is performed on-the-fly without the need for administrator intervention. Keyboard operators identify documents where extraction was not successful, and they are automatically processed by the Knowledge Base Learning Server, which maintains a dynamic specific knowledge base.
- On hold
Jobs that are on hold for a specific time to delay all event processing. When a job is placed on hold, exceptions, milestones and triggers are affected. When the hold time expires, the job moves to active status and the job activities become pending.
- Ordinary activity
An activity type that requires a resource to complete the activity. Also, the default activity type in the Process Designer.
- Page renditions
A feature in TotalAgility that allows to save multiple versions of an image. You can keep the original image intact and create binarized version of the image to transform and get better performance.
- Parallel activities
The activities on a process map that refer to the situation where multiple activities can require attention at the same time and for the same job.
A module in TotalAgility that lets you predefine the items for your Smart Process Application (SPA).
- Partial completion
A feature that allows TotalAgility to send individual documents to the next activity in a process as separation and classification occurs. This streamlines processing by eliminating the need for all documents to finish separation and classification before moving on to the next activity.
- PDF generation
- An automatic activity that defines PDF settings for a documents within a folder. Options for PDF include PDF image only, PDF Image + text, and PDF/A formats.
- PDF profiles
An option in the Capture menu of TotalAgility that lets you configure settings for PDF documents.
- A job which has completed but there are taken activities.
A feature that allows you to divide the target audience into individual groups of people to cater for different interests and needs.
- Permanent redaction
- A button on the Web Capture control that allows you to permanently alter the image, so that you are able to remove sensitive information that should not reside in your database.
- Point of Origination Device
- A device used to capture information, including mobile devices, tablets, web portals, multi-function peripherals, and network scanners.
- Process node colors
- A system setting that allows you to set the standard colors for various activity types within the process for ease in identifying the activity type.
A rule, which must be met before an activity node can become pending.
- Predictive model
A process by which a model is created to try and predict the likelihood of an outcome. For example, success of sale may depend on certain factors such as value of sale or product type. Using a predictive model, you can analyze data from within a process and use this insight to prioritize tasks and make decisions to achieve the optimal outcome for your business.
A workflow comprising a start point, activities, optional decision points, and an end point. Activities can be linked serially or in parallel.
You can define two types of processes:
Ordinary process: A straightforward workflow that includes a clearly defined starting point, set of activities, and end point in a straight-forward unchanging sequence. Ordinary processes can include user interaction and embedded processes.
Case definition: A complex, unpredictable workflow that requires user interaction and can include decision points, embedded processes, and fragments.
- Process events
The means by which you can record when real events raised against a job have fired (occurred), which subsequently determines when a task, which has been in the awaiting state can carry on or complete. TotalAgility can handle both external and inter-process events.
- Process Orchestration Server
- Formerly the
- Process owner
The property of a process map that allows you to define a default process owner. If a process owner is not defined, the Author, that is, the resource who created the process is the default process owner.
- Process viewer control
A form control that is used to view the progress of a job (a live instance of a process) by providing a visual indication of what has been completed so far and the path taken, and also what is remaining.
An option in the Reporting and Monitoring menu of TotalAgility Workspace that helps you view the productivity details of all the members and loaned resources of a particular team thus helping you be aware of the resource utilization at any point in time.
- Protected items search
- An feature in the System settings that allows you to search for the protected items, view the associations for these items to identify where all an item is being used, and delete an item directly from TotalAgility.
There are currently no glossary items for this letter.
- Radio button list
A user interface element that is used when there is a list of two or more options that are mutually exclusive and the user must select only one choice.
- Reactivate license on primary
- A system setting that allows you to reactivate the license on your primary server if it is about to expire.
- Reactivate license on backup
- A system setting that allows you to reactivate the license on your backup server if it is about to expire.
- Ready For Evaluation
- Jobs that are in the process of reevaluating what should happen next.
- Ready for Review activity
An automatic activity that sets the checklist state in a process as ready for review. At run time, the current state of the checklist appears in read-only mode and the next column appears in edit mode.
A tangible object or digital information which has value to an organization, for example, birth certificates, medical x-rays, office documents, databases, application data, email and the rest.
According to ISO, a record is "information created, received, and maintained as evidence and information by an organization or person, in pursuance of legal obligations or in the transaction of business".
According to the International Council on Archives (ICA) Committee on Electronic Records, a record is, "recorded information produced or received in the initiation, conduct or completion of an institutional or individual activity and that comprises content, context and structure sufficient to provide evidence of the activity."
- Refresh page rendition action
An action used to refresh page renditions on a form and accordingly enable or disable rendition buttons at runtime.
- Regular expressions
An option in the System data menu that lets you define regular expressions to use in forms and validators.
- Reporting tags
- A tag that is associated with a process enables Kofax Analytics For TotalAgility to apply a custom filter on a report.
A person required to interact with the system and your processes to perform work within an organization.
- Resource availability
An option in the Resources menu of TotalAgility Workspace that helps you to configure a global calendar for your company, and a personal calendar that is derived from the global calendar by configuring working pattern and other availability settings for yourself and your team members.
- Resource Process Skill Level
An option in the Resources menu of TotalAgility Workspace that helps you dynamically assign skills for a process to a resource to ensure that right work is assigned to the right resource.
- Resource tree control
A form control that is used to display the existing resources in a tree view.
A menu in TotalAgility that helps you create workers and groups that interact with the system and your processes.
- RESTful service activity
An activity that helps you integrate TotalAgility with external applications using the RESTful web service references.
- Retention policy
A system setting that allows you to define the retention period and the number of versions to retain for certain items so that the system removes the item automatically from the database once the retention period is over.
Users can be assigned to a role, which in turn is assigned responsibility for an activity or task.
An option in the Integration menu of TotalAgility that lets you integrate with RPA, a platform for application integration and process automation.
- RPA activity
- An automatic activity that is used to execute a RPA Robot from within a process.
Activity type: A manual activity that scans a single document or a collection of documents.
Form: A form that is generated for a scan activity.
Action: An action to scan a document using MFP devices. This action is available by default for an MFP Scan Create New Job form and MFP Take Activity form for Scan activity.
- Scan settings action
- An action to view and modify the scan settings on MFP devices.
- Scan create new job form
- A form that is used to create a new job for a capture-enabled process.
- Scan/VRS profiles
An option in the Capture menu of TotalAgility that lets you configure the scan settings to correctly scan documents.
A series of instructions in a given language that can be executed consecutively, for example, Visual Basic and Java.
- Script activity
An automatic activity that uses scripts to perform certain actions such as generating contents of an email, save user details to a text file.
- Security role
A role that has users and security token assigned to it.
- Security tokens
A TotalAgility feature that helps administrators control information security by restricting access to various areas of an application by allowing users to only access information relevant to them while hiding the information that they are not authorized to access.
The process by which individual pages are arranged into documents.
- Separation profiles
An option in the Capture menu of TotalAgility that lets you configure settings for separating and placing documents in folders during scanning.
- Server Cluster
- A collection of Content Transformation Servers that you can assign to an activity to ensure low latency.
- Server variables
Global variables that can be used by any processes.
- Service Layer
- A Data Layer extension that provides automatic, stateless services for TotalAgility.
- Service Level Agreement (SLA)
The SLA Status Indicator (Red, Amber, Green, Black and Purple) provides a visual representation of the service level agreement status of a job in the user’s work queue.
- Session timeout form
- A TotalAgility form that informs you that the system session has timed out and provides a link for you to log in again.
- System settings
An option in the System menu of TotalAgility where settings such as database, scheduler, cache, and thread pools are configured to be applied at the server level.
- Shared projects
Projects that contain configuration settings for classification, document separation, and extraction. If you open a Shared project, you can change all of these settings.
Projects that you create in the Transformation Designer are Shared projects that TotalAgility stores as a Document Group and Extraction Group project.
An option in the Integration menu of TotalAgility that allows you to create sites in TotalAgility to interact with SharePoint on-premise or online.
- SharePoint add item activity
An automatic activity that is used to add a document to either a SharePoint library or to the subfolders in a library or to the root of a list.
- SharePoint create folder activity
An automatic activity that is used to create a new folder in a selected SharePoint integration site.
- SharePoint create site activity
An automatic activity that is used to create a new site in a selected SharePoint integration site.
- SharePoint delete item activity
An automatic activity that is used to delete an item such as a document or a folder from a SharePoint library or a subfolder in a library or from the root of a list.
- SharePoint get document activity
An automatic activity that is used to either get a copy or check out a document from the selected SharePoint site to your local computer.
- SharePoint move item activity
An automatic activity that is used to move an item from one location on a SharePoint site to another on the same site.
- SharePoint uploader activity
An automatic activity that is used to upload a document to a document library in a local or online SharePoint site.
An option to change the hotkey for a command by selecting single or double key options.
- Simple Object Access Protocol
A standard XML format used to make remote procedure calls through the Internet.
An option in the Integration menu of TotalAgility that provides solutions for digital capture, management and verification of signatures which helps accelerate business processes, eliminate errors and protect documents against manipulation. Integrating TotalAgility with SignDoc simplifies information intensive customer interactions with fully digital, streamlined and secure experience.
- SignDoc activity
An automatic activity that defines a process to get the documents digitally signed.
A set of forms containing content such as text, images that provide a business solution.
- Skill Level Process Ratio
An option on the Resources menu of TotalAgility Workspace that helps you set the skill level and sampling ratios. Skill Level ratio is set for resource specific review which takes place based on the skill level of users against a specific process. Sampling ratio is set for a general review which is process centric, that is, the job is simply reviewed a certain percentage of the time irrespective of who worked on the job.
One of the views of a process which is invoked depending on the evaluation of the skin rule.
- SLA threshold
The time relative to the expected duration, when the job status should change state, that is, Amber and Red. At runtime, it is a visual representation of the status of an activity on your work queue.
- Sleep activity
An automatic activity that puts a job to sleep for a specific period of time to delay the execution of job.
- Start node
A marker within a process that indicates the start of the process. Every process requires a Start node.
The changes which a process can pass through from inception to completion. For example, an order can go through a series of definable states from Order Arrived to Awaiting Delivery to Invoice Paid.
A job criteria that lets you filter on the status of job such as Finished, Suspended, and Terminated awaiting Associated Jobs Completion.
- State event identifier
A variable that should be identified when raising a state event. A state event identifier holds the ID of the task while it changes from one state transition to the next, reporting only on the most recent state, however all triggered events are recorded.
- Static resources
A static resource is a resource that is assigned to an activity at design time. Use static resources when you know in advance who the resource group or person is going to be, for example, Admin.
- Style sheets
An option in the User interface menu of TotalAgility that lets you upload custom style sheet and use it in themes.
- Sub Folder Consolidation
- Sub Folder Creation
An independent reusable process embedded in and initiated by a main process activity. Subjobs must be completed before resuming main process activities. You can use subjobs in other processes.
- Summary control
A form control that is used to provide an overview of the work assigned for a resource for the day.
A landing page used by supervisors to see the work of people in their team and the work of others if that work is part of a case where their teams are involved.
- Supporting Info activity
An activity that helps you generate contextual information about a job that may help user progress activities.
Jobs that are suspended but can manually be reactivated to get them up and running again.
- Synchronization activity
An automatic activity used to bring together many parallel paths, where only one of the parallel activities must be completed.
The property of a process which when selected, instructs the application to perform the process automatically; the map/job is performed in-memory on a single thread of execution in order to improve performance.
A menu in TotalAgility that helps you manage global system settings.
- System data
A menu in TotalAgility that includes submenus that enable you to create server variables, regular expressions, lookups, document templates, currency codes, checklist templates, checklist items and work types.
- System tasks
Active tasks that the system performs automatically, for example, Archive Jobs,
- System variables
Simple non-editable process variables that the Designer provides and that give you access to information maintained within the Designer, such as, job creator, job ID, and so on.
- System Qquery
A query that helps to view the workload for automatic and manual tasks so that you can take actions to avoid delay in processing the tasks and improve performance.
- Target due date
The property of an activity that defines when the activity is due to be complete with respect to defined target duration, or milestone.
- Target duration
The time in days/hours/minutes/seconds used to indicate how long the process or activity should take to complete.
- Task Worker
A landing page used by a task worker to view the list of activities that are assigned directly to the user.
A job that has stopped processing before completing the lifecycle.
- Terminated Awaiting Associated Case Completion
An associated job that has been terminated and awaiting case completion.
- Terminated Awaiting Associated Jobs Completion
A terminated case awaiting completion of associated jobs.
The visual layout, that is, background and foreground color, font type and size, company logo and so on, to provide a consistent look and feel across forms.
- Thumbnail viewer control
- A control on a form that is used to display the thumbnails for the documents that are loaded in the Web Capture control.
- Thread pool
A computer or processor that holds applications, files or memory shared by users on a network.
- Time Categories
An option in Resources menu of TotalAgility Workspace that helps you track and supervise the time of your resources by enabling you to group resources time, such as overtime, loaned time and others.
- To Do
A menu in TotalAgility Workspace that helps you view your work queue, reassign activities and allocate work manually.
The panel on the TotalAgility user interface where tools to create processes are available.
- Track variable changes
The property of a process which when selected records the changes in the variable values of all the activities in the process map before and after the activity is taken, thus provides traceability.
The execution of an activity within a process instance.
- Transfer activity
An automatic activity that is used to transfer documents or folders between two Kofax TotalAgility servers.
- Transformation Designer
A configuration tool that lets you set up shared, document or classification group projects to perform classification, document separation, and extraction.
- Transformation Server
A server that processes performance-intense tasks, including transformation, within the Kofax TotalAgility workflow.
- Transformation Server Cluster
An option that allows you to dedicate a set of servers to process high-priority activities.
An option in TotalAgility that helps you translate text elements in forms to display in different languages.
User-defined conditions that can automatically initiate responses and help you avoid deadline or cost violations, or avoid target duration breach.
- True path
The property of a decision that enables you to specify the path the decision will follow, if it evaluates to True.
- Update control action
An action to reload and refresh the results list of Work Queue, JobList and System queries.
- User interface
An option on the main menu of TotalAgility that lets you model forms that provide the user interface to support your processes. You can manually create forms, build forms based on business processes and preview forms.
- User sessions
- A system setting which displays the system sessions IDs and user sessions.
- Activity type: A manual activity that allows the validation of document fields and folder fields within a capture-enabled process.
- Form: A form that is generated for a Validation activity.
- Validation expression
An expression used to test the accuracy of data; a set of rules that can be applied to a control to specify the type and range of data that user can enter.
The parameters created within a specific process map; they are local to a map, that is, their value can be changed in each job, which is created using that particular map without affecting the value it has in any other job that uses the map.
- Activity type: A manual activity that allows the verification of document fields and folder fields within a capture-enabled process.
- Form: A form that is generated for a Verification activity.
- Visual Basic Script
A script based on the Visual Basic programming language.
- Web Capture
A control that you can add to a form to do capture (formerly an Atalasoft control).
- Web Clients
Includes the user, administrator, and Transformation Designer.
- Web Service
Programmable units that can be accessed through internet/intranet by potentially disparate systems.
- Web service activity
An activity that allows interaction with internet web services.
- Web service references
An option in the Integration menu of TotalAgility that allows you to add a web service reference to hold the details of an existing web service.
- A system setting option to whitelist the web service URLs and the database connection strings that can be employed by TotalAgility to make web service calls or run SQL queries against TotalAgility.
A menu in TotalAgility that lets you design processes, case definitions, business rules and skins.
- Work allocation rules
Work allocation rules are specific rule conditions to help prioritize work of a resource based on activity, process, state, work type, and other priority types. Once prioritized, TotalAgility systematically pushes the work to the resource work queue based on the set priorities.
You can assign a work allocation rule directly to a resource or a resource group so that the rule becomes effective for all resources who have the selected resource group as their working group. For example, on the day when a bank releases the quarterly statements, the task of posting bank statements is assigned as a work allocation rule to the Backroom Staff. The system prioritizes the task by putting it at the top of the Backroom Staff work queues when the activity becomes pending.
- Workload control
A control used to view the results of a system query. The query helps you to view the workload for automatic and manual tasks so that you can take actions to avoid delay in processing the tasks and improve performance.
- Working days
The days on which jobs can take place, if the business calendar is used.
- Work queue
A primary method of managing workflow in a business process, that is, a kind of personalized To Do lists used by operational staff to display, manage and execute their work tasks.
- Work queue query
A query that is used to display a user's work queue.
- Workflow rules
The rules that specify certain conditions, which must be met for an activity to be completed, such as resources which must complete the activity and the order in which they must do so.
- Working hours
The hours during which jobs can take place, if the business calendar is used.
A TotalAgility web application that lets you do the following:
- Interact with activity lists, cases and processes.
- Manage work and resources.
- Administer other data elements.
- Work types
Supplementary information that can be associated with a process to assist operational staff to take and complete assigned tasks.
- XML activity
An automatic activity that is used to manipulate XML documents without using the third-party components. For example, an XML activity might add, modify or delete an activity or attribute in an XML document, or add a new XML string to the document.
- XML expression
An expression used to identify a section of an XML document.
- XML schemas
The property that enables you to define the structure, content and semantics of XML documents.
The expression type that describes a path through the XML document to select elements that match the path. For example, the following XPath selects the first number element of the XML document: //number.
The XML Process Definition Language (XPDL) is a format standardized by the Workflow Management Coalition that allows for the interchange of business processes between different workflow products.
There are currently no glossary items for this letter.
There are currently no glossary items for this letter.