You can associate PDF settings with a document type and display data fields in Adobe Acrobat.
The PDF generation settings of a document are useful for cataloging and retrieving PDF files after they have been exported from TotalAgility. These settings are used when generating a PDF for the document type if specific settings are not configured in the PDF Generation activity. Configure the PDF generation settings at the document type level if you define the source to be the value of a document field in a PDF Generation activity.
TotalAgility supports the following document properties.
Title: The title of the PDF, such as Document Properties.
Subject: The subject of the PDF, such as "Detailed document properties".
Author: The person who created the PDF, such as Joe Smith.
Keywords: The keywords used to narrow the search to find particular documents.
Application: The source application where the original document was created, such as Microsoft Word 2010.
Producer: The producer of the PDF document, such as Microsoft Word 2010.
Configure the PDF generation settings for a document type
- Open the extraction group and select the document type for which to configure the PDF generation settings.
- On the properties panel, click the PDF generation tab.
- To allow the first page of a document of this type to be skipped from PDF generation, select Skip first page. (Default: Clear)
Optional. Select the required field to map to the relevant PDF
setting. For example, select the required field to map to the
Title of the PDF
- All fields created for a document type are available in the Title, Subject, Author, Keywords, Application, and Producer lists. For more information on creating fields for a document type, see Add fields to a field group in a document type. You can select the required field to map it to the relevant PDF setting.
The Title, Subject, Author, Keywords, Application and Producer properties can remain empty.
- Save or release the extraction group.