- In the properties panel of the KCM control, click the Configuration tab.
- For Mode of operation, select Compose (default).
the following properties:
KCM instance: The
KCM instance to use.
All projects available within the selected KCM instance appear on the KCM project list.
KCM project: A KCM project to use.
Based on the selected KCM project, the Documents template list is populated.
- Store pack: Holds the pack (zip file) from KCM in TotalAgility.
(optional): A global variable, form variable or a form field, or an inline
value such as JobID or Case Ref, to track the activity in the KCM logs on the
KCM server if an error occurs.
You can only use alphanumeric characters for Tracking ID.
Type: A template type. Available
- Document pack template: Includes one or more templates from a pack in the project. When you select a pack, all the documents within the pack become available. You can select and generate multiple document templates.
Document template: A document template.
Letterbook: A collection of document templates. Letterbook is only supported for KCM Interactive mode. At design time, you can assign a letterbook to the KCM form control. At runtime, you can select only one document template from the letterbook.
Output type: The document output type.
TotalAgility supports the following formats: Word, PDF, Secure PDF, PDF-A and Secure PDF-A.To review documents, you must have a PDF reader such as Adobe Acrobat Reader installed on your system, along with an add-on for your browser.
- KCM instance: The KCM instance to use.
Configure the control to perform
configure the control to perform distribution.
Distribution is not supported for a cloud deployment of KCM, and an error appears if an unsuitable KCM instance is selected.
All documents in the pack are sent to KCM server and KCM server performs the distribution.
Distribute mechanism list, select a
mechanism to distribute documents.
TotalAgility does not support SignDoc for the KCM control.
Archive: The KCM server sends the documents to archive storage configured within the KCM server.
Email: The KCM server distributes the documents through email.
Portal: The KCM server posts the documents to a Web portal so that recipients can view online.An email with a URL to access the documents, is sent to the user who must logon to a secure portal to view the documents.
Print: The KCM server sends the documents to a printer so that they can be printed.
KCM uses scripts to perform the distribution. The scripts are custom written and are shared across projects. The only way to pass data into the script is through the concept of metadata. This is a set of key/value pairs.
- Under Distribution, configure the control to perform distribution.
To configure the metadata, do the following:
- Click .
- Enter a Key name (free text).
- In the Value field, select a variable (global or form) or form control, or click and enter an inline value.
- Click Add. The key-value pair appears in the table.
- Save or release the form.