Manage a lookup
You can create, modify and delete a lookup.
Create a lookup
The Lookups page appears.
The New lookup dialog box is displayed.
- Enter a Name for the lookup.
Category in which to
create the new lookup.
By default, your working category is selected.
Optional. Enter the
Description for the
lookup and text to display as a
A prompt is a message directing the user to perform an action, for example, "Please select."
- By default, the system creates a lookup in the language of your system. To create a multilingual lookup, or translate a lookup, select Multilingual (default: Clear). See Create a multilingual lookup and Translate a lookup.
At least one lookup item must be specified. To add an item to a
lookup, perform the following steps:
- Click for Lookup items.
- Enter a Name for the item.
The item is added to the lookup items list. You can update and delete the items as needed.
To make a lookup item as the default selection, select the
Default check box
for the item.
Click Reset defaults to reset the default selection.
- Add other lookup items as needed.
- To change the display order of the lookup items, use the and on the column header.
- Click Save.
Maintain a lookup
You can modify and delete a lookup.
The list of lookups are displayed.
To modify a lookup, do the following:
Click the lookup to modify.
The Edit lookup dialog box is displayed.
- Make the changes as needed.
- Click Save.
- Click the lookup to modify.
To delete a lookup, on the context menu of the lookup to delete,
On confirmation, the selected lookup is deleted.