Use the Clear action to clear (delete) any data on form controls at runtime.
This includes clearing selected form variables, text boxes, check boxes, dropdown lists, and tables. The Clear action does the following:
- Removes the entire list associated with the dropdown.
- Deletes all rows of the table.
Clear selection action to clear the selections in a dropdown list or table but retain the data for those controls.Use the
- Sets the check box fields to indeterminate.
- Makes all other fields blank.
On the form modeling bar, click
Actions and click
The New action dialog box is displayed.
- On the Type list, select Clear.
- Change the default Name (Clear1) to something meaningful.
- Optional. Enter a Description for the action.
- Optional. Select Multilingual to configure a unique action for each language separately. See Configure multilingual actions.
- To add the fields to be cleared, click Add for Fields/Form variables, select the required fields and variables, and click Done.
The newly created action appears on the Actions page.
Associate the action with the control to trigger this action. See
Configure actions for form control
events. Alternatively to call this action for a form event, associate the action with the form. See
Associate an action with a form.
When this action is triggered, the data on the selected fields and form variables is cleared.