Clear selection action
Use the Clear selection action to clear but not delete selections made in a drop-down list, table fields or radio button lists at runtime.
This action does not affect the data stored in the drop-down list, table field or radio button lists.
For a drop-down list, the Clear selection action clears the currently selected value leaving the drop-down control blank; you can still select new values. For a table, it just clears the current field and row, and for a radio button list, it clears the selection leaving the radio button list blank.
On the form modeling bar, click
Actions and click
The New action dialog box is displayed.
- On the Type list, select Clear selection.
- Change the default Name (ClearSelection1) to something meaningful.
- Optional. Enter a Description for the action.
- Optional. Select Multilingual to configure a unique action for each language separately. See Configure multilingual actions.
- To specify the fields whose selection must be cleared, click Add for Fields, select the required form fields, and click Done.
The newly created action is added to the table.
Associate the action with the control to trigger this action. See
Configure actions for form control
events. Alternatively to call this action for a form event, associate the action with the form. See
Associate an action with a form.
When this action is triggered, the field selections are cleared.