Create a form
You can manually create a form with a quick set of common properties.
- Navigate to .
The Create new form dialog box is displayed.
The name of the form.A form name must be valid. For example, the form name cannot be "Open" or "Close". If the form name is invalid, a message appears.
The category the form should be associated with. (Default: Default category)
Design Form type
To specify a primary form amongst the desktop, phone or tablet form, select one of the following:
- Desktop: Opens the desktop form as the primary form in the form designer. A desktop form is created by default.
- Phone: Opens the phone form as the primary form in the form designer. The form is touch enabled by default.
- Tablet: Opens the tablet form as the primary form in the form designer. The form is touch enabled by default.
- When you switch your form between desktop, phone or tablet mode, and when those are using touch or non-touch, they are displayed in WYSIWYG.
- When you add a Redirect action to a form (desktop, phone or tablet) and select a target form, and if the same form type exists then the initial parameters of that form type are displayed. Otherwise, the initial parameters of the identified primary form are displayed.
- When you configure a navigation menu and select a form, it displays the initial parameters of the primary form.
By default, the width mode set in the system settings is displayed. To change the default setting, select either option:
- Fixed: Retain the default width (1300px) or specify a custom width in pixels, in the Actual width box.
- Percentage: Set the
the form in percentage and
height in pixels to display the form relative to the browser
window. (Default Width: 100%); (Default Design height: 600px)
- If you add a cell or a control to a cell in percentage mode, you can modify the width as a percentage. (Default: 100%)
- A label associated with a control always has a fixed width.
- If a form is set in percentage mode, resizing the browser window resizes the controls. However, the width of the associated label remains fixed, as configured.
- If you add a column or a cell to a form and the existing items are less than 98% in total (percentage or pixels), the new column or cell take up the remaining space (to a total of 98%). The width of existing columns or cells does not change.
- You cannot add a new column or a cell to a form if the existing items on the form are greater than 98% in total (percentage or pixels). You must resize the existing cells or columns to allow space for the new ones in the form.
Header and Navigation Horizontal menu
Accept the default navigation set globally or select a custom Menu (Other) to display horizontally in realtime. You can only select a navigation menu that is already created. See Create a navigation.
Accept the default navigation set globally or select a custom Menu (Other) to display vertically in real time. You can only select a navigation menu that is already created.For a tablet or a phone form, you can only use a vertical navigation menu. The horizontal navigation menu is unavailable for touch forms.
Accept the default header or select a custom (Other) form for the header. If you select None, the form is created without a header.
Layout tab to configure
the layout of the form. Select either option.
Template: Select a template from the available options (default: One column) such as One column, cell layout A.
Custom: Specify the number of columns and rows.
- Click OK.