Fuzzy search action
Add a Fuzzy search action to a document validation form to perform a fuzzy search in a Validation activity. For example, if you enter 9600 as search text, all matching records (partial or complete) appear, irrespective of fields.
Fuzzy search is a technique of finding strings that closely (but not exactly) match a pattern in a fuzzy database, which is a single table or view exported from a relational database. A fuzzy database is relatively static and contains sensitive data in a table or view from a large relational database that is on a secured network and not readily available. A fuzzy index enables fast searching and matching of text values using non-exact string matching in record sets or in specific columns.
You can configure Fuzzy search actions to apply filters to columns of the Associative Search database.
The Fuzzy search action is available only for a document validation form.
It is mandatory to configure a remote fuzzy database in Kofax Search and Matching Server (KSMS) and Transformation Designer (TD) to add and execute the Fuzzy search action in TotalAgility.
The Fuzzy search action allows user to progress on fuzzy search; however, any other actions that are configured to come after the Fuzzy search action still continue to run and do not wait for the user to complete the fuzzy search.
On the form modeling bar, click
Actions and click
The New action dialog box is displayed.
- On the Type list, select Fuzzy search.
- Change the default Name (FuzzySearch1) to something meaningful.
- Optional. Enter a Description for the action.
- Optional. Select Multilingual to configure a unique action for each language separately. See Configure multilingual actions.
Data source list, select a data source:
A list of fields for the selected data source appears in the Mapping table.
The Data source list only appears if the database is configured in Kofax Search and Matching Server (KSMS) and Transformation Designer (TD).
- If you select an Associative Search database, a Filter column appears next to the Value column in the Mappings table. You can configure filters for each column of the Associative Search database (which the Fuzzy search action displays as rows).
- If you select a data source other than an Associative Search database, the Filter column is hidden.
- Specify the "Number of records to return" at runtime. (Default: 10)
Mapping table, configure the following columns:
- To map a form field to the database field, select a field on the Value column.
To specify filters for those columns that can be filtered, select a form field on the
Filter column or click
and provide inline value.
Multiple columns may have filter values if allowed by the configuration of the database.
At runtime, the selected record appears in these form fields.
The newly created action is added to the table.
- Associate the action with the control to trigger this action. See Configure actions for form control events. Alternatively to call this action for a form event, associate the action with the form. See Associate an action with a form.