Add an RPA action to a form to execute RPA robot from within a form.
On the form modeling bar, click
Actions and click
The New action dialog box is displayed.
- On the Type list, select RPA.
- Change the default Name (RPA1) to something meaningful.
- Optional. Enter a Description for the action.
- Optional. Select Multilingual to configure a unique action for each language separately. See Configure multilingual actions.
To map values to the parameters, click
The Configure RPA action dialog box is displayed.
RPA details panel, do the following:
Server list, select the RPA Server to use.
The projects associated with the selected server appear on the Project list.
Project list, select a project. A project is a library containing a
collection of robots and the files required by these robots.
The robots from the selected project appear on the Robot list.
Robot list, select a robot. A robot is an automated workflow designed to
accomplish a task involving a data source, such as a website, or an Excel document, or a database.
The input and return parameters from the selected robot appear in the Parameters panel.
- On the Server list, select the RPA Server to use.
To map the input and return values to the parameters, do the following on the
Value column of the input and return parameters:
- Select a dynamic value (form control, form variable or global variable), or click to provide an inline value as input.
- Select a dynamic value (form control, form variable or global variable) for the return parameter.
- Click OK to return to the New action dialog box.
- The Server, Project and Robot fields are displayed as read-only.
The newly created action appears in the Actions table.
When you export or import the form, the RPA action configuration and the reference to the RPA server used in the action are included in the form definition.
When you import the form on another system and a RPA server with the same name already exists, that server is used when executing the form action.
When you import the form on another system and the server does not exist, the server name is displayed as "Unknown" and execution fails because the RPA server is not defined.
Associate the action with the control to trigger this action. See
Configure actions for form control
events. Alternatively to call this action for a form event, associate the action with the form. See
Associate an action with a form.
At runtime, when the action is triggered, the RPA robot is executed.