Create a navigation
Create navigation by adding menus, and submenus to navigate from one form to another. You can also add separator between the menus, and allow or deny access to a menu item.
Add menu and submenu items
When you create a navigation, a menu item (MainMenu1) within the root menu, and a submenu item (Sub-Menu1.1) within the main menu item are added by default. You can add more menu and submenu items.
- To create a main menu item, select the root menu, or to create a submenu item, select the main menu item.
The properties are displayed in the properties panel.
- In the Menu item name field, enter a name for the menu item.
- In the Shortcut field, enter single (such as C for Copy command) or a combination of keys to allow opening a menu quickly using the keyboard.
To add an image along with name for a menu or submenu, use a
custom image or an existing image from the store.
At runtime, the image appears to the left of the menu item name.
- To use a
custom image, enter an image name or the URL to the image in the
Image name field.
For on-premise TotalAgility, the image needs to reside in <Installation location>\Kofax\TotalAgility\Agility.Server.Web\Forms\Images.
- To use an
existing image, select
Load image from store
and select an image from the
Image name list.
For TotalAgility in Azure, use a predefined (custom) image provided by TotalAgility, enter the image name or the URL to the image.
- To use a custom image, enter an image name or the URL to the image in the Image name field.
Under REDIRECT, configure where to redirect and how to display
the menu item.
To specify the target for redirecting the menu item, select
one of the options for
Option Description Form
Use this option to redirect a menu item to an internal form.
Global variables are used to store and transport data from one form to another.
- On the Target list, select the required form.
- To configure which data to pass into the target form, map the initialization variables by selecting the global variables or providing static values in the Value fields.
Use this option to redirect a menu item to an external form.
Enter the URL of the external form, such as www.kofax.com, in the Target field.
Alternatively, enter the page name to redirect the menu item to a custom page.TotalAgility only supports custom files of HTML and java script types.
Use this option to redirect a menu item to the Insight Studio.
Select the specific Insight view/chart in the Target field.The Insight option is only available if Insight is installed in TotalAgility. This option is not available in an Azure environment.
To configure where the form should open, select one of the
Option Description New window
Displays the form in a new window.
Displays the form as a pop-up.
Populating data is supported only from a single pop-up.
the window to modal or modeless.
- Modal (default): Prevents the user from clicking on the main form unless they have closed the pop-up window.
- Modeless: Allows the user to click outside the pop-up window to close the window and return to the main form.
- Specify the width of the pop-up window. (Default: 800)
- Specify the height of the pop-up window. (Default: 500)
Redirects the form to the same window. You can choose to load the entire page or content only.
Entire page: Displays the form in the entire page.
Content only: Displays only the content of the form and not the header and the navigation panel. To allow the content to refresh each time a change is made, select Refresh content.
- Select the window to modal or modeless.
- To specify the target for redirecting the menu item, select one of the options for Type.
- Add more menus and submenus as needed.
to reorder the menu
and submenu items.
. You cannot remove the root menu.To remove a menu or submenu item, select the item and click
- Click Save.
Add a separator
Adding separators between the different menu and submenu items helps in improving the readability and the user experience in general.
- Select the menu item where you want to add a separator.
A line is added after the menu or submenu item.
- Click Save.
Assign access permissions to menu and submenu items
Configure access permissions to allow or deny access to a menu or submenu item. Set the access based on user's role, department, and security permissions. For example, in an in-house leave tracking system, only managers can access menu options to run reports on absences due to sick leave and planned leaves. Other users cannot access these options.
- Select the menu or submenu for which to assign access permissions.
- In the properties panel, click the Access permissions tab.
Select either option for
Allow everyone except
Allows access to everyone except the selected resources.
Deny everyone except
Denies access to everyone except the selected resources.
Select the resources who should be allowed or denied access.
- Click Add for Resources.
- Select the required individuals and/or groups.
- Click Done.
- Click Save.