Manage a predictive model
You can create a predictive model and define when to evaluate the score during a process.
Create a predictive model
Define data and the corresponding weighting and scoring system (score rule) for a predictive model.
- On the process properties panel, click Predictive model.
The New weight dialog box is displayed.
Configure the following weighting properties.
Select a variable to define a predictor, such as Age.
Select an operator, such as Equals.
Alternatively, if you need to use a range of values, such as age greater than 25 and less than equal to 30, select Range as operator.
Enter a value for the variable, such as Male for Gender and 25 for Age.
Enter a fixed value for the weight of the variable.
- Click Add.
Add other variables, values, and weights as needed.
Weightings cannot be added for XML expression variables.
Score rule to use for scoring.
- Right-click on the rule editor and select predefined variables to create the rule, such as, Gender+(Age*2).
- Click Validate.
- If you document a process that has a predictive model, the weighting and score calculation for the process are included in the documentation.
- If you export or import a process that has a predictive model, the weighting and score calculation for the process are included in the exported or imported process.
Evaluate the predictive model score within a process
Indicate when to evaluate the score in a process by defining points of score evaluation. For example, in an Insurance Sales process, evaluate the score after all the information for the sale of an insurance policy is collected.
- Select the activity for which to evaluate the predictive model score.
- In the properties panel of the activity, click the Advanced tab.
- To evaluate the predictive model score when the activity becomes available or completes, select Evaluate score.
Release the map.
When importing and exporting a process, the score for an activity is also imported and exported. The predictive model scores are also included in the documentation for the node.
Access the predictive score for a job
You can access the predictive score for a job within the process itself using the APIs. For example, use the score within a decision to determine the path of execution for the process.
- Create a process variable of type System with a value, JOB_SCORE. This variable holds the score value on score evaluation.
Use the following APIs:
For more information on these APIs, see Access related documentation.
- GetJobProperties API on the JobService to view the job score at runtime.
- ActivityService.GetWorkqueue API to filter activities on a work queue based on a particular score.
- Evaluate Score API on the JobService to reevaluate the score.