Allow or restrict search, define the search criteria for a Job list control to search for the required jobs, and allow editing a query.
Allow job/case search
Allows searching on a job or case at runtime.
To restrict searching on a job at runtime, for example, to restrict job search when populating the control with a query without enabling the edit option, clear Allow job/case search. The search-related options for job or case are not visible at runtime. However, on upgrading TotalAgility, these options are displayed by default to preserve backward compatibility.
Allow query selection
Allow query selection at runtime, or display the job list based on the selected predefined query, or define the search criteria at design time.
Allow query selection at runtime
Ensure Allow query selection is selected so that the Query panel is displayed at runtime, where you can select the query.
Select a predefined query at design time
- Clear Allow query selection.
- To set the query that will be used to load the initial job list, select Query for Initialize with.
- On the Query list, select a query.
Specify custom search criteria
- Clear Allow query selection.
To define the search criteria that will be used to load the
initial job list, select
Custom search for
The following table describes the criteria available for custom search.
Job list field Description
Return query total
If selected, allows viewing total number of items matching the query.
At runtime, the total number of items regardless of the retrieval limit specified in the query are displayed. (Default: Clear)If you select this option, there will be a performance overhead.
The ID of the case job.You can only select a global variable, form variable or form control for the initial search of a job list control.
Case reference based on which the job is created. Select a global variable, form variable, or form control or use a static value.
The date when the job started.
The date when the job is completed.
The date when the job is due to complete.You can filter creation, completion and due dates on any date (All), since a specific date, between two dates, today's date, this week, this month and this year.
The resource who creates the job.
The resource who is the job owner.
The status of the job. The following job status are available:
- Active: A job that is currently in an active state, that is actively progressing or in a state to progress.
- Live and finished: A job that is currently live or finished.
- Finished: Jobs that are completed or terminated.
- Live: Jobs that are either not completed, terminated, awaiting completion or awaiting termination.
- Completed: Jobs that have completed their life cycle as designed.
- Ready for evaluation: Jobs that are in the process of reevaluating what should happen next.
- Pending: A job which was completed, but there are taken activities.
- Suspended: Jobs that are suspended but can manually be reactivated to get them up and running again.
- Terminated: A job that has stopped processing before completing the life cycle.
- On hold: Jobs that are on hold for a specific time to delay all event processing. When a job is placed on hold, exceptions, milestones and triggers are affected. When the hold time expires, the job moves to active status and the job activities become pending.
- Awaiting associated jobs completion: A case that is completed but still has active associated jobs.
- Awaiting associated case completion: An associated job that is completed and awaiting case completion.
- Terminated awaiting associated jobs completion: A terminated case awaiting completion of associated jobs.
- Terminated awaiting associated case completion: An associated job that has been terminated and awaiting case completion.
- Evaluation failed: Jobs that have failed in evaluation.
The category to which the job belongs.
Search in sub-categories
Allows searching within subcategories.
The process on which the job is created.
The process version.
The job type. The available options are: All, Job, Case, Associated job, Business rule.
The priority of the job with 1 being the highest and 100 lowest.
The name of the state associated with the process. Select a global variable, form variable, or form control or use a static value.
The number of the latest activities that are to be retrieved from the server at a given point in time.
Select the work type.
You can create a filter criteria by selecting the work type and selecting the corresponding fields. See Create metadata.
The score of the job.
The current status of the job. The job SLA (Green-Amber-Red) status is the visual representation of the job status on your work queue to indicate if the job is within or has exceeded the set time limits (target duration).
The suspend reason for a job. Select a global variable, form variable, form control, or use a static value.
Allow query edit
You can allow or restrict editing queries at runtime. The Allow query edit option is only available if Allow query selection is selected.
To allow editing queries at runtime, ensure Allow query edit is selected.
To restrict editing queries at runtime, clear Allow query edit and then select the type of query on the Query types list.
If you restrict editing queries, you can only view queries but cannot create, modify or delete them.
All: Allows you to view both private and shared queries.
Private: Allows you to view only private queries.
Shared: Allows you to view only shared queries.