Configure a Document creation activity
Add an activity to the map.
By default, the Configuration tab is open in the properties panel of the activity.
- Change the default Name of the activity to something meaningful.
- On the Type list, select .
Do one of the following to specify a document template.
Select an existing template
- Select Load document template from store.
On the Document template name list, select a document template.
Specify the template for creating the document
Do one of the following for Document template name:
To provide a dynamic value, select the appropriate variable. The variable used for the template document must have a predefined value, which can be a location within the same computer. For example, ( C:\Templates\Mytemplate.dotx); on a different computer within the same domain ( \\188.8.131.52\Templates\MySite.dotx); or a URL.At runtime, if you try to provide a location other than the one specified at design time, the job is suspended.
To provide a static value, click , and specify the path to the template, such as : C:\Templates\Mytemplate.
Format to be Document or HTML.
- To specify a location to save the document, do one of the
Document save location.
To provide a dynamic location, select a document variable.
To specify a static location, click and enter the path, such as D:\Documents.The Designer running in On-premise multi-tenant or Azure environment does not support the static location to save the document.
Specify a static or dynamic value in the Name box.You can use only a String variable or an XML Expression of any return type.
At runtime, once the job is complete, the new Word document is automatically saved at the specified location or repository. If you save it in the repository, an instance ID is populated in the mapped document variable. You can use the instance ID in other capture activities.
- If a document with the same name already exists, the job is suspended at runtime. To avoid the job from being suspended, select Overwrite existing document.
- Select a String variable or an XML expression of any return type as Output.
- At runtime, once the job is complete, the new HTML page is automatically saved to this variable.
Map the variables from the process map to the corresponding placeholders in a template using static or dynamic value. You can also map the document set properties to the document fields.
- To specify a location to save the document, do one of the following for Document save location.
- On the Name list, provide a static value or select a dynamic variable.
- To overwrite the existing document, select Overwrite existing document.
- Enter a static value or select dynamic value for the placeholders. At runtime, the placeholders in the document are replaced with the values and the document is generated.
- Save the process map.