Configure a separation profile for a folder
Use folder separation settings to automatically create a new folder when a page is found with a bar code that matches the separation criteria.
The Separation profiles page appears.
The New separation profile dialog box is displayed.
- Click the Folder tab.
- On the Separation list, select a separation method. Available methods are:
- Click Save.
Use the bar code option
Bar Code group, do the following:
- Make sure Bar code separation is selected to allow folder separation based on bar code being detected. (Default: Selected)
To separate folder based on specific bar code types, click
Bar code type.
The Add bar code type dialog box is displayed.
Add the required bar code types from the list. To add all the bar code types, click
Add all. See the
Patch code types supported by
The added bar code types appear in the Selected items box.
To delete a selected item, click for the item to delete. To delete all items, click Delete all.
The selected bar code types appear in the Bar code type box.
- To enable checksum stripping for Codabar, Code39 and Interleaved 2 of 5 bar code types, select Bar code checksum. (Default: Clear)
Create a new folder when a bar code type found, value changes or value found, select either
of the following:
Type found (default): Creates a new folder when TotalAgility detects a specified bar code type.
Value changes: Creates a new folder when the bar code changes.
Value found: Creates a new folder when the bar code matches the value in a regular expression. If a form has multiple pages and each page contains a bar code, each bar code indicates the form name and the page number. For example, Form 1040 - Page 1. By default, TotalAgility separates each page into a separate folder.
To separate the folder correctly, set the following:
Value search text
Provide the exact value in the Value search text field, such as Page 1$.
Search text uses regular expression
When the document is run through the system, the document is separated correctly, only when the bar code value ends with Page 1.
- To use bar code value for a folder name, select Set folder name custom text from bar code.
- Click Save.
Use the patch code option
Patch code folder separation divides the batch into folders at scan time by analyzing each folder of the batch for a patch code separator sheets. TotalAgility divides the batch into folders at patch code separator sheets. By default, the system deletes the patch code separator sheet, however you can configure the separation profile to retain this sheet.When single folder processing is enabled, patch code separation converts each separated folder into an individual batch, then automatically closes the batch before separating the next folder.
Patch Code group, do the following:
- To allow separation of folders using the patch codes, select Patch code separation. (Default: Clear)
- Select the Patch code type to use as folder separators when scanning. See the Patch code types supported by TotalAgility.
- To automatically delete the patch code separator sheet, select Delete patch code separator sheet (Default: Clear. This means the system retains the separator sheet.)
- Click Save.