Same page action
Use the Same page action to initialize a value for a field or give a default value at runtime.
You can specify the target and source fields; the value from a source field or variable is populated at the target field as the default value.
On the form modeling bar, click
Actions and click
The New action dialog box is displayed.
- On the Type list, select Same page.
- Change the default Name (SamePage1) to something meaningful.
- Optional. Enter a Description for the action.
- Optional. Select Multilingual to configure an unique action for each language separately. See Configure multilingual actions.
To specify the item to change at runtime, do the following:
Target list, select a form control, form variable, or global variable.
- The Array variable type is restricted from mapping.
- The Table control and columns cannot be mapped, but the column properties can be mapped.
- The File upload control and its properties such as FileLocation and FileSize cannot be mapped in the Target fields as these properties are read-only.
Source/Value list, select a form control, form variable or global
variable, or enter a static value.
The Table control cannot be mapped, but the column and column properties within the Table control can be mapped.
- Click Add.
The newly created action appears on the Actions list.
- Associate the action with the control to trigger this action. See Configure actions for form control events. Alternatively to call this action for a form event, associate the action with the form. See Associate an action with a form.