Update database records
Configure a query to update database records.
On the properties panel of the Data access activity, click
The Data access configuration dialog box is displayed.
- On the Database connection list, select the process or server variable to specify the database connection string that holds the details of the relational database.
Type list, select
Tables is selected and all tables within the selected database are available on the Tables list.By default,
- On the Tables list, select the table for which you want to update the records. All columns within the selected table appear under Available columns.
- On the Record list, select Update.
- On the Available columns list, select the columns and click .
To perform multiple updates, click
Perform Multiple Updates
This option is available only if you create a DB query action on a form.
- On the Return rows affected to list, select a variable.
Configure your query based on specific conditions. For example, to
update the ContactName, Address, and Phone records for the cities of London and
Berlin, do the following:
Click under Search criteria.
Specify the search criteria as Column as City(String), Operator as equals, Criteria as London, and Logic as AND.
Click Add .
Specify another search criteria as Column as City(String), Operator as equals, Criteria as Berlin, and Logic as AND.
- Click OK.