Apply form variant action
Use this action to apply a variant to a form so that you can adjust how the form appears at runtime based on certain criteria.
When this action is executed, the latest version of the variant is applied; the state and label text defined while creating the variant are reflected at runtime. The Form variant action is not supported on Capture and Device create new job forms.
On the form modeling bar, click
Actions and click
The New action dialog box is displayed.
- On the Type list, select Apply form variant.
- Change the default Name (FormVariant1) to something meaningful.
- Optional. Enter a Description for the action.
- Optional. Select Multilingual to configure a unique action for each language separately. See Configure multilingual actions.
To specify the form variant on which to apply this action, select
a dynamic variable or specify a static value in the
Form variant name field.
If the specified variant name does not exist for the form, the base form is used.
Do not apply a variant created for FormA to FormB, as the form elements may not match.
The newly created action appears on the Actions page.
- Associate this action with the Form load event. See Associate an action with a form.