Configure an Expression activity
Configure the Expression activity to define a rule for performing operations on data.
activity to the map.
By default, the Configuration tab is open in the properties panel of the activity.
- Change the default Name of the activity to something meaningful.
- On the Type list, select .
The Expression dialog box is displayed.
- On the Target variable list, select a variable (process/server). The value resulting from the rule is held in this target variable.
- Optional. Enter a Description for the expression node.
Right-click on the rule editor to define the rule and enter an
variables and/or Math, Text and Date functions as needed. Add as many
expressions as needed.
You can reuse the expression by copying and pasting it in another expression activity.Be careful in using literal values in your expression. If a literal value includes a decimal point such as 123.45, the data type is double. If you try to assign this literal value to a variable defined as a decimal or in a calculation that expects a decimal, the compilation fails. Therefore if you wish to use decimal values in your expression, you should create a variable of type Decimal and store the literal value in the variable.
- Click Validate.
- Click Add.
- Save the process map.
- Configure other properties for this activity. See Activity properties.