Configure a KCM compose activity
activity to the map.
By default, the Configuration tab is open in the properties panel of the activity.
- Change the default Name of the activity to something meaningful.
- On the Type list, select .
Configure the following properties.
A variable that holds the data that is used to generate documents in KCM.
The document is created in the format specified. The template version used is dependent on the setting for the KCM instance associated with the data backbone.
A static value (alphanumeric) or a dynamic variable that sets the value for the Tracking ID.
This value is reflected in the KCM logs on the KCM server if an error occurs. For example, you can enter the value of a JobID or a Case Ref to correlate between your job in TotalAgility and document production in KCM.
The type of template. Available options are:
- Document pack template: Displays the document
templates available within the document pack. For each template name, any
import slots defined in the pack template are also displayed. A document pack
template can have zero or more import slots, and these slots can be mandatory
or optional. An asterisk adjacent to the name of the slot indicates that it is
a mandatory slot. To configure the documents in the pack, do the following:
On the Document pack template list, select the required document pack template.
By default, the output type of all templates is PDF. To select a different output type, do the following:
Select the template from the Template name list and click .
On the Output type list, select the output type as Word, PDF, Secure PDF, PDF-A or Secure PDF-A. (Default: PDF).
To add additional documents to a document pack, do the following:
Select the import slot and click .
Map a document variable, or a string variable with a document path, or provide an inline path to the document to import.
If you map a document variable, you can select a File type for the document.
When you distribute or review the pack, the imported documents are included in the pack.If you do not provide a document for an import slot that is mandatory, an error occurs.
- The document pack templates belong to the projects associated with the data backbone.
- The version of the template depends on the setting in the KCM server.
- You cannot delete the document templates from the pack.
- If you change the selected document pack template, all document templates in the list get cleared.
- Document template (default): Displays document
templates that belong to the KCM project associated with the data backbone. To
configure the document template, do the following:
On the Document template list, select a document template.
By default, the output type of a template is PDF. To select a different output type, select the template name and then select the Output type format as Word, PDF, Secure PDF, PDF-A or Secure PDF-A.
By default, the pack (ZIP file) returned by KCM is stored in the TotalAgility database.
For Output management distribute mechanism, the Store pack is clear and the document pack is not available.
A String variable that holds the ID of the pack created in KCM and is stored in TotalAgility.The pack ID option is only available if you select the
If selected, allows distribution of documents. The pack is sent to KCM server; the KCM server then performs distribution.Distribution is not supported for a cloud deployment of KCM.
The mechanism through which the documents are distributed by the KCM server. Available options are:
Mechanism option What does the KCM server do? Archive Sends the documents to archive storage configured within the KCM server. Distributes the documents through email. Portal Posts the documents to a Web portal so that recipients can view online.An email with a URL to access the documents is sent to the user who must logon to a secure portal to view the documents. Sends the documents to a printer so that they can be printed. SignDoc Sends the documents for eSigning. Select the SignDoc server, Package ID, Signed PDF and the Package state. See Configure a SignDoc activity.
At runtime, the activity completes only after the signing ceremony has been completed. The signers are defined in the template and the data in the backbone determines the actual signers.
- When composing and distributing documents to SignDoc, the same pack that is generated in KCM for signing, is returned; it does not contain the signed documents. The signed documents are held in a document variable mapped to the signedPDF property.
- KCM uses scripts to perform the distribution. The scripts are custom written and are shared across projects. Therefore scripts have no access to the data in the data backbone. You can pass data into the script only through metadata (a set of key/value pairs).
Configure the Organizational metadata.
- In the Key box, enter a Key (free text).
- In the Value box, enter a static value or select a variable.
- Click Add. The key-value pair appears in the table.
- Document pack template: Displays the document templates available within the document pack. For each template name, any import slots defined in the pack template are also displayed. A document pack template can have zero or more import slots, and these slots can be mandatory or optional. An asterisk adjacent to the name of the slot indicates that it is a mandatory slot. To configure the documents in the pack, do the following:
You can delete unnecessary packs from the
database in one of the following ways:
Call the DeleteAsset API and pass in the Pack ID. This can be done at the end of the process.
Configure a retention policy to automatically delete unnecessary packs after the retention period is passed. See Configure the retention policy.
- Click Save.
Configure the Output Management distribution mechanism
Use the Output Management distribution mechanism to distribute each document pack based on the centralized rules that are configured in the KCM Rules engine.
The Output Management distribute mechanism is only available for the Document pack template type. When this distribution mechanism is selected, the document output type cannot be specified, and the pack (ZIP file) returned by KCM cannot be stored in the TotalAgility database. This is because the Batch Output Management engine determines the channel to send the documents, and the channel drives the output type.
- On the Configuration tab of the KCM compose activity, select Distribute.
- On the Distribute mechanism list, select Output management.
- On the Request reference list, enter a static value or select a variable. (Maximum: 100 characters)
- On the Correspondence reference list, enter a static value or select a variable. (Maximum: 100 characters)
Optionally, enter a static value or select a variable in the
Brand box. (Maximum:
The Brand attribute is used by communication rules specified in the Output management. This attribute is used in certain distribution scenarios for styling where an HTML file needs to be generated from a non-HTML source.
Specify at least one recipient.
- Click . The Contact items dialog box is displayed.
Type list, select a
dynamic variable or enter a static value.
The recipient type should be unique for each recipient. It should match the recipient type defined in the KCM Rules engine.
- Click .
Name of the
The name cannot be more than 50 characters, and must consist of the following characters:
_(Latin alphanumeric underscore) and
-(minus).The contact item name should match the name defined in the KCM Rules engine.
- Select a variable or enter a static value in the Value box.
- Click Add. The name-value pair appears in the table.
- Add more contact items as needed.
The Configuration page appears and the configured recipient type is displayed in the Type table under Recipients.
- Configure more recipients as needed.
Optionally, define the
- Click .
Name for the
The sender name cannot be more than 50 characters, and must consist of the following characters,
_(Latin alphanumeric underscore) and
- In the Value box, enter a static value or select a dynamic variable.
Add. The name-value
pair appears in the table.
You can configure only one sender.
- Click Save.