Before you contact us
- Try to use the troubleshooting information in this help file to solve the problem.
- Make sure that the network is up and running and that all network drivers are installed.
- Prepare yourself for the questions listed below. Print and save system information, which contains answers to some of them. If an Kofax ReadSoft Invoices module crashed, a crash dump is also very useful.
A support technician is likely to ask you...
- Which version of Kofax ReadSoft Invoices are you using? Find out in advance by selecting Help > About Kofax ReadSoft Invoices.
- What kind of PC are you running Kofax ReadSoft Invoices on?
- What operating system are you using?
- Is Kofax ReadSoft Invoices running in a network, or only on one PC?
- What scanner are you using?
- What scanner card are you using?
- Which country profile are you using?
- Are you using VBA or other external code?
In addition, he or she will need information about the problem, such as...
- Which Kofax ReadSoft Invoices module were you running when the problem occurred?
- What kind of invoices are you processing?
- Has the error occurred before? If so, was it reported?
- If you were running one of the production modules, what were the job description settings for that module? Were you running a predefined job?
- Describe the error. What steps led up to it? Was there any unusual condition such as a power failure or network disturbance?
- What happened? Did Kofax ReadSoft Invoices crash? Stop responding? Display an error message or code (and if so, which one)?
- Can the error be recreated?
- Can you still use Kofax ReadSoft Invoices ? Have you found a temporary solution to the problem?
How to reach us
When you have problems or questions, contact your local distributor first.
Since each scanner installation is unique, contact your local distributor first. If your local distributor is unable to assist you, contact your Kofax representative.