Verify line item fields
When you verify an invoice containing line items, the Line items dialog is displayed. It contains the interpreted results of each item.
Line items are verified in the same manner as single item fields, except there are no field proposals and additional functions can be performed. If they are incorrect, line item values can be entered manually.
Verify line items using the procedures described below.
Remove all line item rows
If multiple edits are required to correct the initial interpretation of line items, it can be useful to remove all of the line items for the invoice in Verify and then draw new ones.
- At the top of the line item pane, click to remove all current line items.
- Click Yes to confirm.
Draw examples of line item rows
The following procedure is the preferred way to add line items rows since Kofax ReadSoft Invoices learns how to capture table data from similar invoices this way.
- Click to begin defining an example of a missing line item. The Draw line items dialog displays, and you are guided through the fields necessary for the line item row depending on the invoice profile the invoice definition is based on.
- Draw the area corresponding to each value on the invoice image as they come up. If a field comes up for which there is no corresponding value on the invoice, click Next to continue to the next field.
- When you draw the last field for the row, click Finish. All of the line items that match the example row specified by this process are captured automatically.
- Repeat steps 1-3 for each line item that is consequently not captured automatically after clicking Finish in step 3.
Typically only two or three examples are needed to capture the complete table if complex line items are found on the invoice.
- Kofax ReadSoft Invoices learns how to capture line items automatically when examples are drawn using Draw line items (). However, if invoices from a specific supplier have repeated interpretation problems, optimize the table to improve interpretation results.
- If you try to approve a line item value on an invoice that does not match the format specification, a warning is displayed, prompting you to either confirm or change the value. You can confirm a value that does not match the format specification.