Move the processing of XML invoices from a test system to a production system
These steps need to be taken in connection with Collector when moving the processing of XML invoices in a test system to a production system. There are two separate methods that can be used.
Move the database in the test system to the production system
- Back up the Collector database on the test system.
- Restore it on the production system.
- In the test system, export all of the XML invoice definitions that you want to use in the production system.
- Manually ensure that the layout in the production system exactly matches the layout in the test system (that is, if you have added fields in the layout for the test system, they need to be added to the layout in the production system as well). This is done by comparing the Layouts tab of the XML Maintenance dialog in each place (possibly with monitors side by side).
- In the production system, import the XML invoice definitions that were exported from the test system in step 1.
- In the production system, set up the Collector general settings – attachment folder, input sources, logs, and so on. See Collector Help for more information.
- In the production system, open each job that contains XML invoices and ensure that the connection to the Input source (ReadSoft Collector) is intact.
- In the production system, process some test invoices to ensure that the system works as expected.
- Delete any test invoices.