The Services log
The services log provides information concerning every transaction performed by Kofax ReadSoft Invoices services when using instances of Interpret and Transfer as services.
In Manager, click Administration > Services > Service log to access the log.
The following information is provided separately for each service job in connection with the module instance it belongs to.
- Instance name - The name of the Interpret or Transfer instance.
- Job description name - The name of the job description the instance uses to process invoices.
- Service job name - The name of the service job used to run the instance.
- Server name - The name of the computer where the instance resides.
- Module name - The name of the Kofax ReadSoft Invoices module to which the instance belongs (either Interpret or Transfer).
- Start time - The time when the instance started.
- End time - The time when the instance stopped.
- Invoices processed - The number of invoices processed by the instance during the session.
- Job priority - The priority number of the job.
- Job result - Indicates the job results, such as, why the job stopped (for example, no more invoices were found).
- Error message - If an error occurred in the module the instance belongs to, the message displays here.
Remove old service log information
Old service log information is removed from the database using a maintenance plan. When the plan is created, select Remove service log messages older than and specify the desired number of days. You can also save deleted messages to file by selecting the option in the dialog.
Delete all service log information
You can also remove all information from the service log. To do this, use the following procedure:
- In Manager, click Administration > Clear database.
- In the Objects drop down list, click Service log.
- Click Clear.
- Click Yes to confirm that you want to continue.
- The service log is not intended for long-term monitoring of production using Interpret and Transfer instances as services. It is intended to show the history of when instances were used as services and how they performed.
- Service log messages are saved in the database and can only be removed using a database maintenance plan. Do this regularly to prevent the services log from becoming too large. A large log file can take a long time to open and cause problems with performance.
- The recorded date and times are those for the Kofax ReadSoft Invoices server.