Verify XML invoices
- The invoice image is for display purposes only.
No field rectangles are drawn on the image, nor is it possible to draw on the image yourself. The field guide is deactivated.
- It is not possible to manually change the supplier/buyer for XML invoices in Verify. You need to use Save to Optimize on the Invoice menu so that you can do that in the Optimize module.
- Starting with the use of Kofax ReadSoft Invoices in connection with Collector 6.4 HF22, XML invoices can be rejected in Verify. This is not possible if using earlier versions of Collector with Kofax ReadSoft Invoices.
- These Verify options/actions do not apply to XML invoices and are therefore not available:
- If it has been specified in the Collector job, invoices from new suppliers (and additionally, if desired, only those that do not belong to a supported XML format) are automatically sent to Optimize meaning that they will not show up in Verify until their fields have been mapped and they are reprocessed as a result. In this case they go directly from Interpret to Optimize.
The flow of XML invoices in Verify
When a job that contains XML invoices is started, the image for the first invoice (using the PDF that was created when the invoice was identified) is displayed in the same way as any other invoice. If similar invoices for the supplier have been processed in the system previously, you can also approve them in the same way as any other invoice if they are OK. However, if the supplier or buyer needs to be adjusted, or if field values need to be remapped to other XML elements, the invoice must be sent to Optimize by selecting Invoice > Save XML to Optimize.
When you save an invoice to Optimize, you are asked if you want to reprocess the invoice (see 1 in the flowchart illustration). What you select depends on whether you feel you can approve the invoice or not and if you have multiple invoices in Verify that belong to the same XML invoice definition or profile. You should normally select Yes so that any subsequent invoices that belong to the invoice definition are automatically given Scanned status awaiting the optimization of the invoice definition. See "Invoice can be approved" below for different scenarios when you may want to select No.
Invoice can be approved
This first scenario would normally be used if you only have one or very few invoices in Verify that belong to the same XML invoice definition or profile that you want to optimize. The errors are such that the invoice can be approved, but you still want to optimize the definition for it/them. In other words, you feel the invoice is OK as is or you want to check with the supplier such that you feel it can be approved, for example:
- Select No when asked about reprocessing. The invoice will not be reinterpreted after the invoice definition has been optimized.
- Complete fields.
- Approve the invoice.
- Approve all invoices in Verify that belong to the invoice definition except for the last one.
- Save the last invoice belonging to the invoice definition to Optimize by selecting the .
- When asked if the invoice should be reinterpreted after optimization, select No.
- Correct any incorrect fields and approve the invoice. The invoice is sent to Transfer, and the invoice definition is sent to Optimize with status 99.
The invoice is sent to Transfer and the invoice definition is sent to Optimize and has status 99.
However, if you have multiple invoices in Verify that belong to the same XML invoice definition or profile, and they need to be optimized, you may still want to select No. (More information.)
For example, you know the definition needs to be optimized, but the things that need optimization are relatively insignificant and the invoice(s) can be approved without sending them to Optimize.
If any additional invoices that belong to the invoice definition are subsequently processed in Interpret before the definition has been optimized, they are automatically given Scanned status, and they will not show up in Verify until the invoice definition is optimized.
Invoice cannot be approved
If you feel the invoice cannot be approved:
Select Yes when asked about reprocessing.
- The invoice is given Scanned status and will be reinterpreted after the XML invoice definition or profile has been optimized. The XML invoice definition is sent to Optimize and has status 99. Any subsequent invoices that belong to the XML invoice definition/profile are also automatically given Scanned status and will be removed from Verify until the invoice definition/profile has been optimized and the invoices have been reinterpreted.
- Verify skips to the next invoice.