Specify what happens to reference files during transfer
Reference files are source files containing data or images imported to Kofax ReadSoft Invoices by interpreting image files. The reference files consist of a document reference, which is the file that was originally imported, even if it was a multi-image file that Kofax ReadSoft Invoices subsequently divided up into individual files.
During processing, Kofax ReadSoft Invoices can move or modify the source files in a number of ways, including:
- Moving the original files to internal folders or subfolders.
- Dividing multi-page invoices into separate image files for each page.
- Converting invoice images to a specified format.
- Saving multi-page invoices to one multi-page TIFF file.
After processing, the resulting files can therefore have a different name and/or format than the image files that were originally interpreted.
Depending on the requirements of your organization, you may need to keep not only the files resulting from Kofax ReadSoft Invoices processing but also the original files as they were received at Kofax ReadSoft Invoices' entry point (the Interpret module).
Use this procedure
- Open the job description that is to be used in Transfer.
- Click References.
- Select Move Document reference file. Then click the browse button and specify where to move them to.
- Click OK.
- Optional: To get the paths and file names in your output file, insert the #DocRef system variable in your transaction description.
Reference files must be deleted or archived manually now and then. When too many files accumulate, Windows slows down.