Specify an alternate location for the user's translation file
This topic describes one part of the process required to translate the names of invoice fields on foreign invoices to the language of the user. Field types used in target invoices also need to be added to the translation file for the desired language, and the ability to translate field names also needs to be enabled for specific users.
To specify a different location for translation files that are updated by adding field types used in the target invoices to the translation file for the user's language, complete the following steps:
- Create a folder where updated translation files are to be kept.
- On the server where Kofax ReadSoft Invoices is installed, navigate to C:\Users\Public\ReadSoft\INVOICES, and open the eilocal.ini file.
- In the [Translations] section, add FilePath=<path to the new folder created in step one above>. Add the [Translations] section if it is missing in the file.
- Save the file.
- Save copies of the translation files, which need to be updated, from the Bin folder to the newly created folder. The names of the files are in this format, rsi<language>.xml. Consequently, for the example in this topic, the name of the translation file in which changes need to be made for the user's language, Polish, is rsipolish.xml.
Translation files are included for all languages that Kofax ReadSoft Invoices supports, and they are found in the Bin folder where Kofax ReadSoft Invoices is installed (normally, C:\Program Files (x86)\ReadSoft\IINVOICES\Bin). However, any time Kofax ReadSoft Invoices is upgraded, these files are overwritten, so copies of the translation files that will be changed by this procedure need to be put in a different location so they are not overwritten.
- During an upgrade, the eilocal.ini file for the installation is replaced, so steps 2-4 above need to be redone in the new file. Tip: What was used in the previous file can be found after the upgrade in the eilocal.ini.bak file in the same folder.
- If required translation files are not found in the specified location, or if the location is not available, Kofax ReadSoft Invoices uses the corresponding translation files in the \Bin folder of the Kofax ReadSoft Invoices installation.