Import tables from text files
This topic describes how to create a table from a text file.
The text file must conform to certain specifications. Ensure that yours does before proceeding.
To create a new table based on a text file
- Create a new table.
- Insert some text into the table, for example, type xx in Update line and select Append.
- Click Close to save the table.
- Click the Tables object bar.
- Right-click your new table and select Import.
- In the Specify table file dialog, specify the name of the text file to import and select Open.
- Click Import. Kofax ReadSoft Invoices imports the external file to the table. Note that there is no "Undo" function.
- Double-click the newly imported table. In the Table dialog, ensure that the result is what you expected.