Import invoice profiles and associated objects
Import invoice profiles and associated objects in these situations:
- Before you install a new Kofax ReadSoft Invoices version, export invoice profiles and associated objects to files so that they can be imported again after the new version has been installed. They are automatically updated to the new version’s database format when they are imported.
- To distribute invoice profiles and invoice definitions to user’s workstations after you set up and test them.
- To restore objects that were lost.
- Using Manager, select Import dialog is displayed. . The
- Click Browse and choose the file containing the invoice profiles and invoice definitions you want to import. Files containing invoice profiles previously exported from Kofax ReadSoft Invoices have the extension .EHIX.
- Move the invoice profiles you want to import from Available to Selected by clicking the buttons in the middle.
Select what types of objects to import. For example, select
invoice definitions to import the
invoice definitions that belong to the
invoice profiles in the
If the Code page for Unicode upgrade setting is visible, select the code page of the ANSI data that the EHIX file (replaces old EHI file) contains.
- Click Import to import the invoice profiles (including identifier profiles and field profiles) listed in the Selected box, plus all of the associated objects you selected.
- Recommended: After importing invoice profiles from an earlier Kofax ReadSoft Invoices release, connect fields to business logic.
- Invoice profiles with names that already exist in the database cannot be selected or imported. To replace an existing item with an imported one, you must first delete the existing one from Kofax ReadSoft Invoices' database.
- Invoice definitions are defined by: Invoice profile, supplier name, supplier number, corporate group ID, location, and description. If you wish to import and overwrite an existing invoice definition, the new definition must contain the same data in these fields. This data is case sensitive, meaning that a new definition containing the description "This is a test" will not overwrite a definition with the description "this is a test", even if all of the other fields are the same. In this case, a new invoice definition is created.
- If master data is used, Kofax ReadSoft Invoices checks if there is a matching supplier in the target system for each definition and links the imported definition to that supplier if one is found.
- The import/export functionality was
updated for these versions of
Kofax ReadSoft Invoices:
- Kofax ReadSoft Invoices 5-7 or later.
- Kofax ReadSoft Invoices 5-6 Patch 7 or later.
- Kofax ReadSoft Invoices 5-5 SP7 HF5 or later.
The file now has the EHIX extension instead of EHI. Objects that are exported from any of the above versions can be imported to any of them. However, objects cannot be imported into these versions from the old EHI files, nor can objects that you export to EHIX files be imported into an older version that uses the EHI file type.