Translate field values using a table
To create and use a table for translating fields:
- Using Manager, select .
- Select Table and click OK.
- Type a name for the new table. Note that table names are case-sensitive.
- Click OK. The Table dialog is displayed.
- In the first Update line box, type values that can occur in the field. Type one key value on each line. The Key field can contain up to 63 characters (More detailed instructions).
On the same line, under
Translation, type the value that you want to
change each key value to. The Translation field can contain up to 99
If you want the value to be replaced by spaces, type one space as the translation value. (If the field on the invoice definition is numeric, you must also change the transaction field type from numeric (N) to alphanumeric (X) to accommodate the space.
Also, you may want to change the pad character, as the default pad character for alphanumeric fields is a space. Do all of this in the Transaction description dialog.)
There is no need to fill in the Connection 1 and Connection 2 columns, though you can fill these in if you intend to use the table for validation via a connection table, as well.
- Click Close. This saves the table.
- Create or edit the field profile in your invoice profile.
- In the Table validation settings, select the name of the translation table in the Translation table group box.
Translate value when
transferred to translate the value after validation and
verification (that is, just before transfer).
If you do not select Translate value when transferred, translation occurs in Interpret. To avoid validation errors in this case, make sure the format specification of the field being translated matches both the field values and the translation values.