Map references to attachments to elements/attributes in XML invoices
To map references to attachments to the appropriate values in XML invoices:
- Using the Optimize module, double-click the XML invoice profile that the XML invoice definition you want to optimize belongs to.
- Double-click the invoice definition for the XML invoice that you want to optimize.
- In the XML Mapper, click the Attachment editor tab to the right on the screen.
- If it is not already selected, using the XML node selection setting, navigate to the XML node that contains all of the information concerning references to invoice attachments and click Select. What is currently selected is visible under the XML node selection box. All of the elements/attributes that are available for the selected node are displayed in the XML nodes list.
- In the Attachment fields list, click the field that you want to map to select it. Each of the fields listed here, for which a value is correctly mapped and found in incoming invoices is included in the corresponding column in the output image for the invoice.
- In the XML nodes list directly above it in the tab, right-click the node that you want to map to the field and click Set attachment path.
- To check that the correct information is extracted, click the Image tab to the left in the window, and then click Extract at the bottom of the dialog. The corresponding value is displayed in the table at the bottom of the image. You can change which columns you want the information to be displayed in by looking at the resulting table on the image and remapping the fields according to steps 5-7 in this procedure.
- Consider if the change(s) should apply to all invoices or only those for the current XML invoice definition. Click Save XML definitionto save the change for the current XML invoice definition only (that is, the current supplier). Click Save XML profile if you want the rule to apply to all XML invoices that match the XML invoice profile regardless of the XML invoice definition.
- Click Close to close the XML Mapper.
- If you are finished optimizing the XML invoice definition or profile, click Yes in the dialog that is displayed. Otherwise click No so that more optimization tasks can be performed on the invoice definition at a later time.