Get or update a soft license
Use this procedure to get/update/refill a soft license that needs to be updated or is running out:
- On the computer where the FLEXlm server is installed, open the \Tools & third party software\Soft license utility folder in the Kofax ReadSoft Invoices installation package, and double-click FieldExUtil.exe to open the SuperPro Field Exchange Utility dialog.
- On the Software Key tab, click Get locking code.
Copy the locking code text that is generated in the area above the
Get locking code button and send it in an email to
Alternatively, click the save button to save the file in *.loc format and send it with the email.
- ReadSoft generates the license file (*.lic) and sends it back to you. Put it in a folder that you can reach from the server where FLEXlm is installed.
- On the computer where FLEXlm is installed, reopen the SuperPro Field Exchange Utility dialog (see step 1 above).
- Using the browse button in the lower part of the dialog, browse to the folder where you put the license file (*.lic), select the file, and click Open. The license code text is displayed in the text box at the bottom of the dialog.
- Click Update license.
- In the dialog that is displayed, click OK.
the utility dialog.
The license is now valid.