Specify the field format
You can specify the field format for all fields (excluding logo identifiers). This can be done on the field profile level and the field definition level:
- For field profiles (single item and line item fields), these settings are found in the General settings of the Field profile dialog.
- For single item field definitions, these settings can be found in the Field learning dialog (format specification).
- For line item field definitions, these settings are found in the General settings of the Line item field definition dialog.
fields, select all of the character types that can appear in the field:
Numeric For numbers Alpha, uppercase For uppercase letters Alpha, lowercase For lowercase letters Special characters For characters such as commas and periods Space For blanks
Normally, spaces and special characters are ignored and do not need to be specified in the format string. When Special characters is selected, the program expects these characters to be represented in the specification in the Specification box.
- Specify a format specification in the Specification box:
Language for date fields. This tells
Interpret which month names to look for when interpreting dates.
interpretation and field capture. If a field has a well-defined format that is the same on all invoices (or on all invoices from a supplier), define a precise format specification.If Interpret has problems capturing a field, try to improve the format specification. This can greatly improveNotes
- The format specification for a field is limited to 256 characters.
- If a Verify operator tries to approve a field value on an invoice that does not match the format specification or the validation settings, a warning message is displayed, asking the operator to confirm or change the value. The operator can approve a value that does not match the format specification and/or validation settings.