Map invoice fields to the corresponding XML elements/attributes
This topic only applies when optimizing XML invoices.
Consider these questions when you map fields to XML elements/attributes.
- Does the invoice being used to map the fields represent a normal invoice from this supplier?
- Does the XML contain multiple values that could be mistakenly mapped to the field?
- Does the value found in the XML need to be translated to another value that conforms to the format expected by Kofax ReadSoft Invoices for the field?
- Does the invoice image contain fields that do not need to be displayed?
- Are there required values in the XML that do not have a corresponding field in the invoice definition?
- Is there additional information in the invoices that should be visible to the operator in Verify?
To map a field in an XML invoice to the corresponding XML element/attribute
- Open the Optimize module.
- Double-click the invoice profile that the invoice you want to optimize belongs to.
- Double-click the desired XML invoice (XML is indicated in the Type column) that has status 99 in the Optimize column. The invoice opens in the XML Mapper.
- Select the field you want to map in the Buyer, Supplier, and Field information tab to the right on the screen.
Depending on the complexity required to find the correct value in
the XML code, invoice fields can be mapped to XML elements/attributes in
- Disable extraction – the value is not extracted, and the field is removed from the XML invoice.
- Use only standard rules:
- Select one of multiple candidates for a field in the dropdown list for it on the Fields tab of the XML Mapper.
- Click the XML tab and find the appropriate element/attribute to map to. Right-click it and select Map element value to the selected invoice field: <field name>.
- Click Extract to test the results. The extracted value is located based on how the field was mapped and appears in the invoice image.
- Consider if the change(s) should apply to all invoices or only those for the current XML invoice definition. Click Save XML definitionto save the change for the current XML invoice definition only (that is, the current supplier). Click Save XML profile if you want the rule to apply to all XML invoices that match the XML invoice profile regardless of the XML invoice definition.
When no value is found for a field in an XML invoice, the field is not displayed in the PDF image of the invoice.
If you make changes to an XML invoice profile and/or definition and click Close without saving first, a message is displayed.