Most fields on invoices have a title. A field title is text that always appears on an invoice and that Kofax ReadSoft Invoices can use to find the field. For example, the title for a date field might be "Invoice date". The same is true for value identifiers.
- Why you should specify a title
A title is required for every field or value identifier that you want Kofax ReadSoft Invoices to learn automatically. If a field has no title, Kofax ReadSoft Invoices cannot learn the field automatically the first time an invoice of a certain type is processed.
Also, a title is required for a field or value identifier whose position varies from one invoice to another on invoices of the same type. For example, an amount field may be printed on a different line on each invoice, depending on how many items are listed on the invoice.
- What text to specify for a title
- How many titles to specify
A field profile or value identifier must include all possible titles that you want Kofax ReadSoft Invoices to look for when finding the field on unlearned invoices.
A field definition or value identifier definition includes only one title, the one used on the unique invoice.
How to specify titles
- Using Manager, open the invoice profile, and then open the field profile or value identifier profile. Note that the invoice profile does not have to be inactive to specify titles.
- Click Titles.
- If the field or identifier does not have a title, deselect Use titles to search for value. Click OK. Skip the rest of the steps below.
- If the field or identifier has a title on the invoice, select Use titles to search for value.
To manually enter the titles that might appear on the
invoices, type the titles one at a time in the
Title box and then select
Add to add each title to the
Selected titles box.
If you use a title file, click Title file. Then select a title and click Add, or click Add all, to add titles to the Selected titles box.
- Each title has a check box next to it. Check the
box next to a title if:
- You are confident that if this title is found, it is definitely the field you are looking for.
- The title text does not occur more than once on the invoice.
- Each title has a check box next to it. Check the box next to a title if: